Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that there are quite a bit of soldiers that belong to zx10r.net so i thought i would take advantage of this and hope that others will follow suit with a word or so to keep this thread going
so here we go
each and every day we hear of the loss of some of our brave, the few protecting the many without question they stay in a world apart from our everyday.
discussions of war and terrorr flood the political stage invading our homes through the storming surf of tv channels
no matter how we feel as indiviuals concerning this war we are all bound together not only as american citizens but as human beings war is a part of us war will never end just as peace will never die
so with that in mind i urge you to separate the politics and the truths as well as the lies, remember what is important to you in your daily life. i am a husband and a father to four children first. i am for the return of our soldiers
and against the idea of our loved ones lost died in vein
i am humbled by our soldiers i am safe in my home with my family and friends
i have an opinion about this war just as you have yours right to one is wrong to another we are bound together as fathers, sons ,daughters and mothers
i not being a man of god think about all of our soldiers each and every day its what some people of god call "pray" my thoughts and my familys are sent out to you soldiers each and every day
come home with your heads held high to me and mine we see you as
heros the ones that are willing to sacrifice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
ill put it this way, if uncle sam didnt pay me i wouldnt be in the military. the travel and the money at my level and what i do, you cant beat it. when i deploy its about team work and brotherhood. to me, its not about america, i guess that makes me more of a mercenary, or @sshole, whatever you wanna call me. call me realistic.

i speak for myself and myself alone. WE military do appreciate your support and that kind of support makes it easier for me to walk around town in uniform or tell people what i do for a living. thank you. and my heart to goes out to our fallen, thats the brotherhood we fight for.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right on i can relate to not being a flag wavin american my family is my world but i do have a place inside of me that cares for the military man thanks for your honesty
and for your service

·
Chairman of the Board
16,051 Posts
:thumbsup:To the guys and gals who CHOOSE to serve. The cost of freedom is high, God bless you!

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I'm with Hesaves on this topic...I really LOVE what I do and the opportunity to travel...I still get goosebumps whenever I have 12 F-15's up and running all armed up and one has a "Redball" (some sort of malfunction) and I go out and get it fixed in time for it to make it and take off with it's wingman

All the gushy patriotic stuff embarrasses me especially when it's directed at me

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm with Hesaves on this topic...I really LOVE what I do and the opportunity to travel...I still get goosebumps whenever I have 12 F-15's up and running all armed up and one has a "Redball" (some sort of malfunction) and I go out and get it fixed in time for it to make it and take off with it's wingman

All the gushy patriotic stuff embarrasses me especially when it's directed at me
:+1: As a fellow A/C avionics tech on a refueler... I too get that rush when a redball calls (only on a deployment though)

Its 50/50 for me though, I am in the military because most of my family was and some still are in as well... I will admit the benefits and pay are second to none (sorry for the military cliche), I enjoy what I do when Im actually doing it and I get chills when someone comes up to me at a convenience store to shake my hand and say thank you. I always say thank you back though instead of your welcome because its their faith in me and my co-workers that pushes me to volunteer to deploy and serve my country.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i wish i could stay home long enough to ride my bike i have been in the army for around 3 and a half years and out of that time i have only been in garrison for around a year. iam glad i joined and i did not join to be some hero or anything like that i just did it becase i needed a job, iam doing my 4 years and getting out staying deployed really sucks when you have a wife and are trying to start a family and shit. but if i was single i would probaly be a lifer

·
Registered
768 Posts
i wish i could stay home long enough to ride my bike i have been in the army for around 3 and a half years and out of that time i have only been in garrison for around a year. iam glad i joined and i did not join to be some hero or anything like that i just did it becase i needed a job, iam doing my 4 years and getting out staying deployed really sucks when you have a wife and are trying to start a family and shit. but if i was single i would probaly be a lifer

I've heard that from far too many Soldiers. With the Army as big as it is, I don't see why they feel the need to fuck over people like that. I realize everyone has to do their share, but there's no need to go about doing it that way.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
i just cant believe the army lied to me :headshake

i asked for a vacation to a hot and tropical place... i got sent to hot a place, but it really wasnt tropical :crackup:

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
i should say thank you to the taxpayers... if it wasnt for my $250K DUKE system i had in my truck over there, i probably wouldnt be here.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Dont forget about the Airman, Sailors and Marines.

Air Force EOD here. We go over there for 6 months and come home for 8 months. There is talk of making it a 365 day tour. If its was for the $280K talon robot we sent to inspect a IED I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately the robot tripped the ignition source and got blown up.

Thanks to all of you and all my fellow brothers who serve.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I joined 8 years ago to pay back to this country what is has given me (an awesome life). My family and I came from Colombia with nothing 25 years ago. With my career I could make alot more $$ working civillian, but I'll do that when I'm ready. Nobody can say shit about me being a "ferner ' that got it all for free, I'm paying my dues everyday and loving it. Fuck the war, it's about wearing ARMY on my chest and taking care of our soldiers. God Bless the ol USA

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
i joined 8 years ago to pay back to this country what is has given me (an awesome life). My family and i came from colombia with nothing 25 years ago. With my career i could make alot more $$ working civillian, but i'll do that when i'm ready. Nobody can say shit about me being a "ferner ' that got it all for free, i'm paying my dues everyday and loving it. Fuck the war, it's about wearing army on my chest and taking care of our soldiers. God bless the ol usa
:+1:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I proudly fly a flag every day at my house and Thank you all for what you do!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts