Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hello:......What up team. Hope everyone is having a blazin and safe riding season.........I am so far.:clap:

I'm out riding and I park next to this bike. Take a look and tell me what it is........:dontknow:

Attachments

·
T Double D
870 Posts
was racing one at the dragstrip last week it was slo

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A nice ZX10 I see there....:ayyy:
Not only is it a ZX10. It holds a very unique position. Correct me if Im wrong and sorry if its a re-post but yo this bike was killin it........:eek:ccasion1

Fellas was I looking at a Tru 1st Gen.............:eyecrazy:

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I had the ZX900A1 (GPZ 900) that proceeded it, and wanted that bike bad back in '89. Still do.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
was racing one at the dragstrip last week it was slo
:rolleyes:Dude you not feeling me. I got a fast bike...believe me. We're talkin a classic. A bike we as members of this site shall hold to the highest regard.:eek:ccasion1

As far as how fast it was.....lets hear from some of you that witnessed it back in the day. Looks to be on the same platform as the ZX6, ZX7 and ZX11.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
That's not a classic. It was and is a fat pig that wasn't good for anything besides going fast(for back then) in a straight line.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's not a classic. It was and is a fat pig that wasn't good for anything besides going fast(for back then) in a straight line.
:dontknow:........so the bike was fast for its time. Obviously not a track bike:badteeth:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
:dontknow:........so the bike was fast for its time. Obviously not a track bike:badteeth:
not a tru first gen either, that was a zx-10, not a ZX-10R

Huge difference, that bike in its day would compare to say a zx-14, or more accurately the now defunct zzr1200

That one looks in decent shape though. Top Gun bike for me if I had to choose a 80's Kawi though.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not a tru first gen either, that was a zx-10, not a ZX-10R

Huge difference, that bike in its day would compare to say a zx-14, or more accurately the now defunct zzr1200

That one looks in decent shape though. Top Gun bike for me if I had to choose a 80's Kawi though.
:idea:OK.............I hear what you sayin. I believe the bike is a 1989. I was just amazed at how clean it was and how smooth it sounded.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
:rolleyes:Dude you not feeling me. I got a fast bike...believe me. We're talkin a classic. A bike we as members of this site shall hold to the highest regard.:eek:ccasion1

As far as how fast it was.....lets hear from some of you that witnessed it back in the day. Looks to be on the same platform as the ZX6, ZX7 and ZX11.
I have witnessed it back in the day with a bud in England stationed in the Military. At the time it was the transition from when I realized my 750 Interceptor(Honda) can not mask no matter how good I ride the power of the new 1000s like the FZR1000R and especially the ZX10. I was able to take down ZX900 ninjas but forget the 1000s with those 2 I knew my time was coming up that my great 750 can not do it anymore and that ZX10 at the time was the fastest bike then and would be the bike of choice at that time for me but the Yami was very quick as well.

Funny what time does though as I seen my bud lift the front wheel up in high gear in England HWYs and always said what a beast that bike is but a few decades later I seen on the drag strip and said I can't believe how slow it is.....of course that's in comparison to the latest ZX10 and decades later so it's all relative. :wink::thumbsup:

·
Registered
550 Posts
That is a fine example of a 1988 ZX-10. In it's day the ZX-10 was a very good bike much like the ZX-12 or the 14. The ZX-10 like the 12/14 was not designed specifically for the race track but to be an all around good sports bike, which it was. The ZX-10 had a run from 88-90 then in mid 90 the ZX-11 came out which over shadowed the 10 in performance.

In 88 Rob Muzzy with riders Dale Quarterly & Larry Shorts endurance raced a ZX-10, the story can be found in Motorcyclist November 1988 by Nick Ienatsch "Muzzy's Monster". Long and short the bike was relatively stock compared to the competition yet held it's own, was very fast and handled well for a long wheel based bike.

Compared to today's crop of sport bikes the ZX-10 is a heavy, slow, ill handling machine. If you have the opportunity to ride a 140+ hp ZX-10 or 11 do so it may just change your mind about them. Although I just might be jaded in my opinion...........the pic below is my 89 ZX-10 which keeps my 04 ZX-10R company both in the faster black of course......

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Burner, that is one fine old school machine you have there. We have fantastic machines today because of what was learned from that '89.

Hell I bet that bike is older than some of the forum members.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Sweet pieces of history there and in such good condition. Makes you wonder what bikes will be like 20 years from now.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
nope.. they made a 1984 zx10 also

1 - 20 of 34 Posts