Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how the TRE mod... such as those on eBay effect the 07 zx-10? I've got a buddy that has bought one for his busa, he says it takes the top end limiter off and improves throtle response in the first 3 gears at low end. is all this true or are the TRE's just a load of BS and a waste of money?:dontknow:

·
Registered
198 Posts
i have a TRE for an 08 zx10r... i dont know if it works for other bikes.. i bought one and for some reason i got sent two

pm me if interested

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Our bikes pull timing in the first three gears so it tricks the bike into thinking its always in 4th so it doesnt pull the timing. Doesnt remove the speed limiter cause we dont have em. The speedo stops at 189 but the bike wont. Your gonna need some serious mods to get over 186 though. Also if you didnt now our speedos are pretty off from the factory, ~8% so you might not be going as fast as you think.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our bikes pull timing in the first three gears so it tricks the bike into thinking its always in 4th so it doesnt pull the timing. Doesnt remove the speed limiter cause we dont have em. The speedo stops at 189 but the bike wont. Your gonna need some serious mods to get over 186 though. Also if you didnt now our speedos are pretty off from the factory, ~8% so you might not be going as fast as you think.
i didnt know they were off that bad from factory, and if the TRE tricks the ECU into thinking it's always in 4th gear would a gear indicator even work if i installed an aftermarket one after a TRE mod. and btw about going 184+, i dont think i'll ever see those speed and i damn sure dont need to go any faster than that. if you bail/wreck at even 120mph on a bike your pretty toasted.:badteeth:

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
i didnt know they were off that bad from factory, and if the TRE tricks the ECU into thinking it's always in 4th gear would a gear indicator even work if i installed an aftermarket one after a TRE mod. and btw about going 184+, i dont think i'll ever see those speed and i damn sure dont need to go any faster than that. if you bail/wreck at even 120mph on a bike your pretty toasted.:badteeth:
Yeah, our tachs have error in them too! As for the gear indicator yes they will work. If you want both get the GiPro, its a TRE and gear indicator in one. If your not into top speed too much change up your gearing and improve your acceleration, hell even -1F will top out (redline limited) at ~175.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts