Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

261 - 266 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine made this noise at 200 miles and I took it back to the dealer twice they kept telling me to just ride it and it could be breaking in or it's a Kawi they do that. Wrong. Whatever they did the noise went away and she has 4k miles on it now and still no noise.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Nope. Plug it after you unhook it. I had a bucket by my side in case I lost any, but I barely lost any at all. Took my side fairing off, unhooked the radiator hose, and by that time you're halfway done already. :thumbsup:

:mod_smilie_+1: Mr. Wonka's got the right idea! Glad to see you around, sir. Your absence has been extensive. You must work on that :2bitchslap: lol
Just been busy busy lately. I'll try and make a come back!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Dumb question but it's 3 in the morning and ive just gotten home from work and i'm tired!
i'm guessing you have to drain the radiator to do this?!
No need to remove hose..just need a small enough wrench to fit inbetween

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Hi guys,
Thought I'd video the method I use to adjust my manual cam chain tensioner. I was hoping that you would be able to clearly hear "the tick" but unfortunately my phone microphone didn't pick it up as clearly as in person.
In the video I have previously loosened the lock nut and inserted a cut-off Allen key into the shaft of the CCT.
To adjust it, I firstly back it off until I clearly hear the tick (twice in the video) and then advance it around 1/2 a turn from when the tick disappears and then tighten the lock nut.
The reason for 1/2 a turn: Adjuster thread pitch 1.25 mm, OEM CCT tooth pitch 1.0 mm, therefore 1/2 a turn = 0.625 of the original CCT step, ensuring that it isn't too tight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUO_pU2-XD0
(I couldn't embed it :frown:)
:bump:

I'm going to bump Quantum's post up since multiple people are about to install an APE manual cct into there 10r's. This is a perfect post to hear/see how to adjust it.

Make sure to rep Quantum for his post above and for all the info/advice he's given in this thread!

Do this mod at your own risk. The above procedure and advice given from other members in this thread are to help give guidelines to follow from personal experiences. It may or may not work for every bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2013 ZX10R has the tick sound I just thought I'd I took the CCT out according to a few videos I saw an internet and pushed a couple clicks forward put it back in started a bike noise still there very concerned about it at this point .

261 - 266 of 266 Posts