Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Chicago motorcycle show and had a chance to sit on the new ninja. It was awesome; it felt really comfy to me. There was only 1 thing that kinda was annoying. The tank felt very loose.(comparing to the new r1 which was stable). The only reason why I noticed it was because it is the same way on my 00' zx-6r. I don't know why they make it loose.. :?: I know that it is not a big deal or anything but I couldn't stop paying attention to it when sitting on the bike. Does anyone know why they would make it that loose??? On a side note couple of years back when I noticed it on my bike, I tried to tighten it and ended up breaking the bolts!!

Other than that the bike is flawless. I really care less whether or not it will be the strongest, I love the style and it is very comfortable.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I noticed the same thing on the ZX10 at the show, besides the tank being empty on gas. I sat on her and placed my hands on the tank and it was loose... I sat on the ZX6 and it was loose. My friend who owns a ZX7 said thats the way kawi's are... :?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my bike (00' zx 6r) it was a pain in the @ss. I couldn't fix the loose tank with anything. So i added extra washers to push the rubber bushings closer to give it a little more tightness. Even after that i still have the tank loose. so don't know if there is a fix for that. Its not that big of a deal though i guess.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My bad I should have been more specific.....The looseness of the tank is how kawi designed these bikes from what my kawi brothers say, and from looking at the 04 models, this seems to be true.

I wouldnt worry about it fellas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts