Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
love this pic :-D[/quote]

:+1:

Good read, basically what I perceived it as...I think I'll still remove my secondaries though...

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I'll keep mine in , makes life in the twisties and on the track much better.

Although mine are only half way closed at rest anyway.

·
Registered
272 Posts
yeah, its weird how all of a sudden it seems like everyone is doin the secondaries now.... I've had mine out for almost 2 yrs n the shafts have been out for almost a year.
Do you feel like you have lost any street driveability or any sort of stalling like the article states?

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Stalling shouldn't be an issue with the primary throttle bodies being closed...the secondaries should have no impact at idle with the minimal amount of air.

Garth, this little trick prolly makes these bikes even that much more wheelie prone, am I right? As FAF states it makes rolling on the throttle much smoother on the track. If you know what the throttle bodies do you'll know what you're getting yourself into when you remove them. The best way to explain them is that they just tame these motors down when you wanna really crack open the throttle...

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I have removed my secondaries, and yes it quickens throttle response. And unlike what had been said above. I find it actually better on track. Gives me so much better drive out of corners. Think of it as a lag. which had been removed.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I have removed my secondaries, and yes it quickens throttle response. And unlike what had been said above. I find it actually better on track. Gives me so much better drive out of corners. Think of it as a lag. which had been removed.

:+1: I have had mine out for over a year now and I love it on the track and street.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Do you feel like you have lost any street driveability or any sort of stalling like the article states?
not one bit, I don't think my uncontrollable 1st and 2nd gear has to much to deal with the secondaries more of all the shit i have done to my bike lol....

with out them in the bike is smooth as butter and i don't have one complaint with them.:thumbsup:

defiantly a mod worth doing with out fear

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not one bit, I don't think my uncontrollable 1st and 2nd gear has to much to deal with the secondaries more of all the shit i have done to my bike lol....

with out them in the bike is smooth as butter and i don't have one complaint with them.:thumbsup:

defiantly a mod worth doing with out fear
Allright Garth, I value your opinion. Why do the factories put the secondarys in if they kill power, and don't effect drivability when removed?

JJ

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
hahahahah nice one. lol.....

well to be honest there could be lots of reasons.... in theory an exhaust and intake valve will tune the motor..... just like how a 2 stroke has a tuned pipe 4 stroke guys are finally finding out the madness with 2 strokes....... but to be honest i do not know.... I think its mainly for a restriction of the motor.... the 14 picks up 26ft lbs at 3,000 rpm!!!!!! no doubt in my mind they want to keep the beast under wraps on bottom rpms........

I think in a stock application they might be useful but most guys on this forum dont stay to much stock to long.

I hope I have given you some insight, after all im just some stupid 23 year old kid with some bolt-ons hahahahaha

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hahahahah nice one. lol.....

well to be honest there could be lots of reasons.... in theory an exhaust and intake valve will tune the motor..... just like how a 2 stroke has a tuned pipe 4 stroke guys are finally finding out the madness with 2 strokes....... but to be honest i do not know.... I think its mainly for a restriction of the motor.... the 14 picks up 26ft lbs at 3,000 rpm!!!!!! no doubt in my mind they want to keep the beast under wraps on bottom rpms........

I think in a stock application they might be useful but most guys on this forum dont stay to much stock to long.

I hope I have given you some insight, after all im just some stupid 23 year old kid with some bolt-ons hahahahaha
I don't think your stupid at all. So its a safety thing?

JJ

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea but Garth's main purpose is to go fast in a straight line mine is to get around the track faster with more control and if you do not want others to answer then send Garth a pm and not post on an open forum :fu2:
I specifically asked a question to Garth that others might want to hear the response from. I am fully aware of Garths main purpose and couldn't give a sh!t about yours. Why would you think that I would? Strange.....

Now I have asked YOU a DIRECT question, you may reply. See how that works?

JJ

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
oh come on guys, no need lol......

yeah maybe its a way to keep people from killin them selves and to get used to power?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I specifically asked a question to Garth that others might want to hear the response from. I am fully aware of Garths main purpose and couldn't give a sh!t about yours. Why would you think that I would? Strange.....

Now I have asked YOU a DIRECT question, you may reply. See how that works?

JJ
Like I said if you do not want other answer send him a pm you prick this is an open forum and I value what Garth says but he is by no means the know all source of the ZX10 others might want to here real experiences that pertain to the subject you want to carry on a private conversation get off the net and call him.
I could care less what you think of what I say this has been talked about so many times over the last couple of years that it is old news.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like I said if you do not want other answer send him a pm you prick this is an open forum and I value what Garth says but he is by no means the know all source of the ZX10 others might want to here real experiences that pertain to the subject you want to carry on a private conversation get off the net and call him.
I could care less what you think of what I say this has been talked about so many times over the last couple of years that it is old news.
More name calling, sad. I guess you think that impresses people. I imagine it does you.

If the function of the TRE is so old news then why are you even participating in this discussion in a thread I started? It is not old news to EVERYONE if you read the replies.

I never said Garth knew everything, only that I valued his opinion but it is very apparent you know little.

I started this thread, thats right I did so why should I PM Garth? Hmmmm, tell me tough guy. Ooops there is another direct question you may feel free to reply to.

JJ

1 - 20 of 33 Posts