Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came from seeing the Ruins on sat. nite.......It was pretty good. Kinda reminded me of Touristas a little bit. Anyone else catch this flick yet?

·
Registered
913 Posts
i saw it. very awsom. loved how graphic the killings were. and the girl cuttin herself up in the morning was awsom

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I thought it was a great movie except for the way the little native boy died. IMO, it is uncool to kill children...let alone to show it the way they did.

They could just as easily cut that portion out and showed the faces of the "explorers" when it happened. It loses a point with me for that.

4 out of 5

·
Registered
913 Posts
i liked when they shot the kid. it showed how crazy serious they were

·
Registered
913 Posts
go to movies.com. search the movie. then view clips and trailors. watch it and ull se what its about

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Never heard of it but I'm definately interested now that you're saying it's better than Turistas. I like Turista's quite a bit too, better than Hostel.

Guess I'll add another movie to my already large "buy" list.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

:+1: Exactly what I was thinking! I was like daamn when they shot the kid! Is it me or are the killings in movies nowadayz seem more real than ever before?:dontknow: Did you see when they shot the one guy in the head when he came near them? Those people weren't playing! I understand what dude is saying about kids getting killed, yea we don't like it. However truth of the matter is in other parts of the world they kill kids without hesitation. So it scored points with me just showing how raw things can get. Like yea this actually happens in some places. It let's you know like look you're not in America anymore buddy. Anything goes over here!

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you guys see when the plants ate the guys legs down to the bone?? And then they took the vote to chop his legs off! They crushed his shit with a boulder then cut his legs off with a damn hunting knife! And then took a hot frying pan to seal his arteries off from bleeding to death! I think that might be the best part of the movie! Graphic as hell!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
:+1: Exactly what I was thinking! I was like daamn when they shot the kid! Is it me or are the killings in movies nowadayz seem more real than ever before?:dontknow: Did you see when they shot the one guy in the head when he came near them? Those people weren't playing! I understand what dude is saying about kids getting killed, yea we don't like it. However truth of the matter is in other parts of the world they kill kids without hesitation. So it scored points with me just showing how raw things can get. Like yea this actually happens in some places. It let's you know like look you're not in America anymore buddy. Anything goes over here!
Don't get me wrong. I understand WHY they did it and I agree in that it showed how serious and fanatical they were about that stuff. But they didn't have to show it. As I stated before, if the camera showed the tourists when the shot rang out in order to show their shock/horror, then show the boy laying there...for me, that would have been better.

I am for gore like the next horror movie fan, but I also believe that the more we see something, the less it will effect us. You get desensitized. I think we have enough going on that we don't need to actually show that.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I read the book. I didn't think it was great, it was ok. I'll have to see the film now though.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The damn plants were alive! They were making noises and imitating different sounds! To see the plants crawling like spiders or insects was krazy! They were waiting like voltures for them to die! As soon as one of them died they came out to clean up the mess. :badteeth:

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
my 12 year old daughter wants to see it. see like horror flick and dark films for some reason.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 32 Posts