Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Nice, sad but nice.
Thought I was the only one to think mickey's a rat.
Disney-the thinly disguised mall.

For all the bad that happened- it is pretty cool how a few hundred Seminoles, Miccosukee and Tequestas managed to stay hidden, living in the glades and against all odds, avoided being moved or slaughtered for not leaving.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, sad but nice.

For all the bad that happened- it is pretty cool how a few hundred Seminoles, Miccosukee and Tequestas managed to stay hidden, living in the glades and against all odds, avoided being moved or slaughtered for not leaving.
no doubt huh :dontknow: :wink:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Nice, sad but nice.

:+1:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
I remember the Orlando area from the mid 60's. Grandparents lived in DeLand and on visits we'd fly into Orlando to the AF base there. Flat and sparsely populated. Haven't been back in a long time, so I can just imagine what it's like now. At least it's still flat. :lol:

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I remember the Orlando area from the mid 60's. Grandparents lived in DeLand and on visits we'd fly into Orlando to the AF base there. Flat and sparsely populated. Haven't been back in a long time, so I can just imagine what it's like now. At least it's still flat. :lol:
you would be saddened by the Urban sprawl :headshake

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
The Urban sprawl has really screwed up florida. but I have to say it would be nice to be able to get a bike on the disney area after hours when no one is around because the way they have the roads to the lots set up it would make for some real nice curves.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Urban sprawl has really screwed up florida. but I have to say it would be nice to be able to get a bike on the disney area after hours when no one is around because the way they have the roads to the lots set up it would make for some real nice curves.
yep except for the tons of deer that come out :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
There are still places that the Rat hasn't touched but as for the indians.. well they're pretty much gone. And as for good twisties to ride, they're just 500 miles north.. The Gap - 300+ turns in 11 miles, Florida - 11 turns in 300+ miles

·
Registered
2,080 Posts

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I didn't see anywhere to ride a bike in the video.
Grew up dirt riding out in the glades.

Mud, sand, palmettos, wild animals...loved it and miss it.

The sad thing is that to protect it they take "the no one can use or be there" approach a little too much, forcing out people that have used it responsibly for years.

I'm all for no more building there- we are already spread too far into the glades here too.
(Well it was all swamp once and like all swamps, it wants to be one again if given the chance.)

It is crazy what has happened in just my lifetime- places that used to be "the boonies" are now developed.

There is a road that on one side of the street are houses and on the other side of the street- the glades. Gotta be a line somewhere, but it is kind of strange to stand there and realize it is the end of "civilization" sprawl.

There are still roads mapped on gps that were stopped from being developed, thankfully.

People who bought houses on the edge have the nerve to complain about airboat noise in the glades.

Yet their gardener has been chasing that same one leaf with the leaf blower for the last 20 minutes rather than pick the damn thing up.:headshake

·
Registered
736 Posts
Grew up dirt riding out in the glades.

Mud, sand, palmettos, wild animals...loved it and miss it.

The sad thing is that to protect it they take "the no one can use or be there" approach a little too much, forcing out people that have used it responsibly for years.

I'm all for no more building there- we are already spread too far into the glades here too.
(Well it was all swamp once and like all swamps, it wants to be one again if given the chance.)

It is crazy what has happened in just my lifetime- places that used to be "the boonies" are now developed.

There is a road that on one side of the street are houses and on the other side of the street- the glades. Gotta be a line somewhere, but it is kind of strange to stand there and realize it is the end of "civilization" sprawl.

There are still roads mapped on gps that were stopped from being developed, thankfully.

People who bought houses on the edge have the nerve to complain about airboat noise in the glades.

Yet their gardener has been chasing that same one leaf with the leaf blower for the last 20 minutes rather than pick the damn thing up.:headshake
Do you live out there on the edge? I don't see how people do it the traffic is crazy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts