Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bike is what made Suzuki produce the Busa.

I've ridden a few but never owned one.

I rode a 200hp one once - that was some good stuff there!

Almost bought one when I bought the new 9 in 98 - kinda glad I didn't.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Did The 11 even have any compitition before the busa?
When did the Blackbird come out?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
When I went to my MC dealer I had intended to buy the XX but walked out with a 10R instead... Couldn't help myself,.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andy said:
Did The 11 even have any compitition before the busa?
When did the Blackbird come out?
Not really - even the XX wasn't that big an improvement when it finally came out.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It is called ZZR 1100 in europe and it was the legend. when people ask what you ride: you simply answer ZZR. It was more than enough. I hit 315km/h in 92. It was the missile, it was the fastest.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
not anymore its not

·
Registered
958 Posts
R1GSXRKILLER said:
It's fun post whoring.:badteeth:
I think I'm catching on post whoring thing!!! Long way to go though.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I had a ZX11 and it was the D model. It was a great sport tourer. Very comfy. Run like a bat out of hell. I think it was a 94 or a 93 . My first street bike lol. The bike dominanted for over 11 years no bike has dominated the speed era that long. I remeber when it was released damn that bike got some attention . It was all over every mag there was. 175mph. I use to ride my buddies zx10 and when this came out I finally had enough credit and went and bought one. Then the blackbird came out and it was suppose to out run it. But it didn't in the quarter mile but it sure out handled it. It was a keeper I wish I kept it... Fuck I think I'm going to cry.....

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'm riding a 94 11D right now as my first bike and it's treating me rather well!!! a screamin SOB for sure!!!! it was king of speed untill the XX Blackbird came out and beat it top spd by 1mph....then the next year, Suz had the Busa out....which ruled up untill now where there are many a tests in comparo with the ZX-12R.....different places say different things about both bikes.....but the ZX-11 is still honorable and we should all pay ohmage to it opening up the world of CRAZY FAST!!!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had a 94 ZX11D and it used to haul azz it was just about impossible to find parts for that thing but it's funny how suzuki had to build a 1300cc bike to beat a 1052cc bike. I wonder why does Kawasaki do that they'll make a 1052cc bike and call it an 1100 where as everyony will make theirs 1098cc's and call it an 1100 other companies MAXIMUMIZE their liters Kawasaki just goes to the point where it's over half and stop.:sad:

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
ruthlessbikerboy said:
I had a 94 ZX11D and it used to haul azz it was just about impossible to find parts for that thing but it's funny how suzuki had to build a 1300cc bike to beat a 1052cc bike. I wonder why does Kawasaki do that they'll make a 1052cc bike and call it an 1100 where as everyony will make theirs 1098cc's and call it an 1100 other companies MAXIMUMIZE their liters Kawasaki just goes to the point where it's over half and stop.:sad:
Suzuki didn't HAVE to build a 1300 cc bike to beat the ZX11. They built the Bus to destroy it and everything else. The ZX11 was good for 175 or so adn the Bus came along and went 190+. And look how long it's taken for anything to really knock it off the top spot as far as the big bikes go.

It is weird to look back and see how far things have come. When the 11 came out, everyone was amazed and saying how nothing could be faster. And now literbikes are faster and handle on top of it.:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'm not really impressed by the busa's motor it still made less horses than the 12R with a 100 cc to spare. The monster torque that it has came from the cc. Kawasaki still puts out the most horses per displacement on the streets. I have a Hayabusa siting in my garage next to my 10R, you can't tell me I'm biased.

·
Registered
108 Posts
litrejunkie said:
The 'ole 11 will still get-down and boogie!
+1

I love those 11's for sure, super smooth and comfy, wicked fast as well. I still think they are one of the sharpest looking bikes out there. I had a '97 model, and a '99 model. Both were fantastic bikes.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Kawasaki has ALWAYS built bikes that were just crazy...starting with the H1 and H2 (really fuggin crazy) and just continuing on....its no surpise we built the Busa beater ZX-14 and will be no surprise when Kawi offers the first stock 200HP motorcycle. Just like the ZX-10r, Kawasaki always has something very edgy about the machines they build and i love it!!!!! I hope to find a 11 someday and do a full restoration....

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
I bought a 1993 zx-11D 2months ago and holy shit this old bird is fun, its big, comfey, and burgandy oddly enough it still attracts attention from motorcyclist and non-motorcyclist. My pop bought a brand new one back in 1994 and i always had a soft spot in my heart for that bike and found myself wanting one as a stable mate to the zx10R.so i found this one for $2000 and couldnt pass it up. its been a hell of a bike

1 - 20 of 29 Posts