Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to handle the new 10 spoke and the all new 7 spoke as well before they head to Indy. Both are light, the 7 spoke is extremely light, and marchesini has upped the anti once more when it comes to lightweight rims.

They are continuing the 10 spoke wheels but have added a chromium finish, bling bling and as smooth as a mirror while still saving weight over the previous 10 spokes.

These are the same design that Ben Spies used on his winning Yamaha R1 superbike. Look for 10%+ weight savings on these, unfortunately for now they only come in Magnesium.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
wow sharp lookin those 7 spokes are... its amazing they can make them any lighter, they are probably right at BST's weight than the 10 spokes were only 1 lbs heavier than the BST's

me likey....

·
Registered
757 Posts
Thats a gooood looking rim and Im sure the weight savings will be great! Im really liking how Marchesini is pushing new designs and releasing them to average consumer while still being on top in the race industry. I love my Galespeeds but these might be hard to pass up. Any word on when they hit the open market?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Who's buying??

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Chrome Marchesni's? There goes there credibility in my book.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Looks like the design is based of what some of the MotoGP guys run. I wonder how similar the rim actually is. This pic is off the Rizla Suzkuki from the Laguna 09 race.

Attachments

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Those seven spoke wheels look great,

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah not feeling the so called "bling bling" chrome ones. That's trying to take and make what these sportbikes were designed for originally......World superbike and Moto gp and turn them into some "biker boyz" or "fast and the ferious" crap.

I do like those 7 spoke ones though; I saw them at the Long Beach show, but they had them some how mounted to a desplay board so you couldn't feel how light they were. Too bad they are only in magniesium right now.
Who's going to sell them, and will the forged alum. ones be out as well?

·
Newfie Bullet
2,342 Posts
Too pricey for me to even look at..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts