Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do motorcycles attract more than its share of pot heads and simpletons? It sure seems that way around where I live.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,662 Posts
I think you would fall under the latter category, given your lack of reasoning and your name.
:lol: Reasoning: GSXRs always seem to attract the people you reference more than just the general "motorcycle crowd", in my experience. But do tell us all of your experiences for starting this thread.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Every area has its idiots and whatever they happen to be into. You can't claim that to a motorcycle crowd no more than you can tie race into someone's course of action. I'd suggest moving or finding a new crowd to hang with

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yes im with SkyDork, GSXR does seem to be the 'it' bike to have if your a loser. Not sayin that for every GSXR owner though.... Jus sayin the bad crowd usually has those.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
The Pace
6,945 Posts
Yes, but not because I see them, as I don't see many riders in this area. I see parked bikes often, though. Just scan the moto sites and you'll find out pretty much where the average brain level fires most often.

Of course, the problem with moto sites is that half are dealer techs, vendors or dealer sales people. 30% are pure trolls, without a clue what a bike is or can do, 10% are mods or their aliases and nearly all mods don't ride at most sites, and the final ten percent are riders, most of whom just read and never post cause they know better!

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
Do motorcycles attract more than its share of pot heads and simpletons? It sure seems that way around where I live.
I think that motorcycles attract exactly its share of these kinds of people. After all, they are kewl, cheap compared to Corvettes, you can rev them high, and with the mug behind the helmet one can actually look as good as Brad Pitt[1].

I used to be a mod on another bike (but not model-specific) forum and I finally quit. Full of drama, bitterness, whining and general idiocy. This forum is actually quite exceptional and the members here are a nice crowd. It's been hypothesized that it's due to the elitist nature of liter bikes, and the general perception that 600s are just as cool (if not cooler), and easier to pick up chicks with.

[1] When he's wearing a helmet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:lol: Reasoning: GSXRs always seem to attract the people you reference more than just the general "motorcycle crowd", in my experience. But do tell us all of your experiences for starting this thread.
I do not share your brand bias. GSXR or any other brand you may not like can have its share of pot heads and simpletons as much as any brand you like.

Btw, GSXR's (and R6s and R1s) are generally track bikes and so wouldn't you think that they tend not to be suited to pot heads and lead heads?

My experiences? Over 40 years of riding and racing, and over that time it appears to be that the IQ of the average motorcyclist is at an all time low. Is that enough?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you consider people like SkyDork to be a simpleton, then there is no hope for you. At least not on this planet... :mrgreen:
That's quite a statement. In other words, you're saying that I (and others who think so) would be lost without him. Tell me then, how did I and others like myself get this far in life?

Btw, hope is a religious term, and something to which I wouldn't subscribe. And your reference to another planet says a lot about your thinking or lack thereof.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This forum is actually quite exceptional and the members here are a nice crowd. It's been hypothesized that it's due to the elitist nature of liter bikes
[1] When he's wearing a helmet.
I agree. This site is as good as it gets. But some sites are nothing more than a pit of iniquity, filled with sociopaths and ASPs. I would suggest that maybe those riding 1000s tend to be more successful in life (i.e., higher educated) and thus can afford these bikes, so you get a higher level of discussion generated? That would be my inclination.

·
Always On Mod
1,840 Posts
Bikers started as an outlaw fad in the US. It's taken a lot of effort to gain more mainstream acceptance. So I'm not sure where your "all time low IQ" stems from. Unfortunately stereotypes are based on reality and GSXRs carry the pothead and simpleton tags because they are popular among the pothead and simpleton crowd.

Scout, you're not to pleases with barf lately huh? There's diamonds in the rough there too, but it helps to get out and meet people. I avoid general and kitchen sink. Spend my time in the trackdays and group rides. I've met some cool people and good riders in the area.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
You know most hobbies like motorcycles, all have people who make the majority look bad, like here we have a guy who just a couple of days ago was doing 110-120 on one wheel and crashed in town. Everyone knows him knows he is a total idiot and people that hear bout him can generalize and say god damn crotch rockets, because a lot of people hear about a dumb ass on a bike doin stupit shit. But golf doesnt have bad juju and I know a ton of drunkin idiots that play golf and do stupid shit, I know vomparing golf and sport bikes is a strech but I think you get the drift I think its just that sportbikes are more easily put in the spot light.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I'm quite active on this forum. I ride a gen 4 10r and can work on it with my eyes closed. I have a bachelors in engineering and had an engineering job lined up right out of college where I've been working since May. I'd say your generalization probably comes from internal, personal struggles with your own life right now.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I'm quite active on this forum. I ride a gen 4 10r and can work on it with my eyes closed. I have a bachelors in engineering and had an engineering job lined up right out of college where I've been working since May. I'd say your generalization probably comes from internal, personal struggles with your own life right now.
gayest post ever?:ninnyslap: Congrats!

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
And a psychology degree?

I'm head meat slicer at Stop & Shop... I can cut 1/4 lbs of boars head cheddar in one attempt sliced on the thin side.:mrgreen: it's 16 slices set on 4 on the deli slicer:wink:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts