Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has always been one of my favorite cars and there is plenty of videos of these cars eating up super cars and some liter bikes. I know that they can be modded to the point of insanity and are capable of packing a sh*t ton of horsepower, and they look like a car made in the mid 2000's with a tasteful body kit, they really have a timeless look to them. I've looked at a few for sale online and they still go for a mess of money despite miles and age. I've seen plenty of 1993's that sell between 30-75k, its very interesting to see the difference in prices on these. Obviously mods and reputable product added to the car is a plus. But 35k or more for a car that has 100k miles and pushing 20 years old... idk about that..

So, I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge/ experience with the MK4. Anyone on here drive one, own one? Pros, cons? Are they really worth the money that people are trying to sell them for?
:dontknow:

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I haven't own one but I know they are modern day classics. Straight out the gates with basic mods made those cars represent.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Its just the law of supply and demand. Are they worth it, probably not, but if you want one you are gonna have to pay for it. The prices for cars these days is just ridiculous though. I used to have a ton of muscle cars growing up, I have thought about getting one again. But for the price most people want for them these days, I can do without.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I think it's fair to say the car has an insane cult following. I think one kept in good condition fairly stock will be with more down the road. Today I met my buddy at his work, a Lexus dealership. The owner has 2 rare cars guess which one I cared about more. An LFA with 375 rear tires, holy fuck balls huge and a MINT 2000GT. That car was completely restored with just under 1600 hours into it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. All good points. I heard you can get a jdm model but I don't quite get how or where. But I was just curious and looking into it and the prices are so random. It is a rare car though.

I saw the new lfa to, that thing is sick!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
The Supra has been a car that's always been in the back of my mind but I just cannot justify buying one. Just to get a stockish one you're gonna be spending around $25k and you're looking at another $10k on top of that for a decent single turbo and supporting mods.

I've also considered building an SC300 which is basically an N/A Supra with a Lexus badge but I just don't have the time for a build like that right now.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The supra is a great car but a little heavy. The main compenent on the car is the powerplant. The 2jz-gte is a amazing engine. My buddy's have run 800 hp on that engine with stock internals. And when you build it rod/pistons the motor will easily take 12-1300 hp. One thing its lacking though is low end power. Thats why alot of racers spray a 100 shot to compensate or you can just stroke the motor.
I'm actually building one right now which i'm putting in a sc300. Looking for around 950hp on e85.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I New a dude in high school that hit a tree head on in his dads 2JZ TT, it was red w/Targa top...absolutely amazing, beautiful car!

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Mustang Cobra converted to turbos at 1200 HP....call it a day and say bye bye to that Supra.

...says the guy driving a Stage 3 JCW MINI... ..no rep for the teeny tiny cars.. LOL

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Supra has been a car that's always been in the back of my mind but I just cannot justify buying one. Just to get a stockish one you're gonna be spending around $25k and you're looking at another $10k on top of that for a decent single turbo and supporting mods.

I've also considered building an SC300 which is basically an N/A Supra with a Lexus badge but I just don't have the time for a build like that right now.
Exactually! I just saw one with some mods all namebrand (bodykit, turbo, wheels, seats) and all the stuff they usually have in between on a Supra for 19K. Sounds great, then you read that it has 190k miles on it. But they have a sick look, they're rare, potential for an insane amount of mods (which I'm sure everyone on here can agree on, you can't have enough mods sometimes) just a great all around car.I think the Lexus SC's are ugly compared to the supra though.:dontknow:

When I was drooling over them in highschool I was like; eh, I'll just wait one day, the price will eventually drop... sure enough

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In all honesty the best performance for price (in my opinion) would be a barely used Z06 they have a lot of performance for your buck and look great. But I literally saw three of them today while I was riding they are getting common, you just don't see many Supras, GT-Rs, ect

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I hear ya Rightcoast. I ended up with a lowly camaro, but it was a cheap platform to make a fast car. Is it a supra, for sure its not. But for the same amount of money you are talking its fully modded and unique enough. Then again i'm just a poor s.o.b. lol.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
you buy a supra for a supra not just for the 2jz. If you want a 2jz there are far better options too go with. Now I'm back in love with supras for like the tenth time.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
280z with 2jz or rb26 > supra

Or 86 corolla with 2jz > supra
Now, we're talking..I would love to see that..but my hart would be with a 240Z.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts