Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my bike is having some issues, which is noticeable at 20-50 mph and 2.5-5k rpm.... feels like the bike lunges forward with the throttle at a steady position. When accelerating or decelerating it is not that noticeable. When this lunging thing happens, I can see the rpm needle bounce around as well -about a couple hundred rpm. One last thing, at any speed the speedo fluctuates a few mph as well - ie, in the freeway, (holding throttle steady) 90,87,91,87,90....

Where should I begin? Could this be valves sticking?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I don't know what to tell you anymore buddy, you've been having all kinds of issues with your 08, I say run that sum a bish into a tree! lol

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what to tell you anymore buddy, you've been having all kinds of issues with your 08, I say run that sum a bish into a tree! lol
Seriously, the past few months it tain't been happy.

If I knew the insurance would cover the new '11.... this bike would be embedded in a tree :badteeth: :lol:

·
Registered
555 Posts
does bike rev to redline quickly in lower gears? mine picks the front wheel at 10k in any gear, does your ? if it doesn't maybe a fuel problem.. a valve not seating is unlikely, engine speed to fast , it would show up as a miss rather that a surge.. not enough info to diag.. did this problem start today,yesterday, last month?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's been progressive over the past month or so. It still accelerates nicely, over 6k. I don't take it up 10k unless at the track. It doesn't pull like it did when I first got it. Only pulled a wheelie once - about a month after I got it, stopped to help someone on the side of the freeway, once he was cool, got on it -to pull into traffic- and wow!... but that's the only time (call me a wuss but I a have this trepidation of falling over the back).

If I'd have to call-it --- I think it's fair to say it's down on power; doesn't have that knee-jerk reaction.

·
Registered
12 Posts
could be alot of things. at first i thought it could be the TPS, if it were valves sticking they would only stick open and they would be hit by the piston and it would run really bad. could be as simple as a bad spark plug or plug wire. hows the idle like? maybe a coil going bad. Sounds more like an electrical problem to me maybe injectors? might want to take it to a shop and have them diaognose it but don't let them just start changing parts one at a time until they find the problem...

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Idle is good and smooth. I was trying to avoid taking it into the shop; even for diagnosis, but maybe that's gonna be best. I like fixing my bike --- once I know the problem, of course. lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
sounds kind of like the throttle positioning sensor, but what makes me think that its not is the MPH going up and down. Is the bike going faster and slower? or just the gauge jumping?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I would guess TPS or maybe a bad injector. If the injector gives more or less than the desired amount of fuel it could give a sudden power increase or decrease.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many thanks Meanstreak :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
This may sound off the wall but have you checked your chain. A stretched chain will give cause your bike to feel like it is lunging. It prolly isn't the prob but why not cover all the bases. Gook luck getting it fixed. I tried to read all the posts so if I missed something that makes this idea irrelevant sorry. edit; just found the post where you got it resolved good deal.
My chain was the primary cause. Cleaned out the injectors and threw on a new chain, and holy fuck..... went from :moped: to :zx_blk: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

can't believe I let it get that jacked up :bitchslap I deserve a :whipping:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts