Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I race speedway sidecars and am currently running a Gen 2 2006 ZX-10, I am currently looking at a project to pretty much just throw money at the engine

I am racing on dirt so I am not looking for horsepower that much as this will just cause the rear wheel to spin, I am really after torque

What I would like from you guys is the ultimate engine from torque in regards to parts and such ... and if possible links to sites where I can buy them

So something like the below

Crank -
Cams -
Plugs -
Pistons -

Etc...

Thanks All

Adam

Team Thompson Racing
Go Fast or Go Home
Http://www.teamthompsonracing.com

·
Registered
700 Posts
Do a stoker crank shaft. That will get the power down to a lower rpm and increase torque. You can have custom cams ground to make more torque also. Then get the compression ratio around 14/1(needs race gas). That will get you a good start. Then you want an exhaust tuned for midrange as most are tuned for high end.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is a stoker crank shaft? or where can I get one? ... yeah got custom cams, ground to torque ... compression ratio with the new rods and pistons I am putting in there is currently 13.5/1, we are only allowed to run methanol though? ... yeah will have to swap out the current exhaust on it

Thanks for your reply

Adam

Team Thompson Racing
Go Fast or Go Home!
Http://www.teamthompsonracing.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts