Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, people, hopefully we can make this an annual get together/ride. The date is set for Sunday, August 30th 2009. The time is 10am at the Disney exit in Orlando. axo250 and 2ligitninjas know the route. I have PM'd plenty of Florida riders that I could think and search for. Any other ZX-10R.net members are more than welcome to attend (if you can make here, lol).

Us South Florida riders will be leaving between 7am and 730 am from the Lake Worth Service Plaza (Palm Beach County) along the Florida Turnpike. I might ride down to Miami to pick up some riders there and then back up. I think last year some riders wore their 1pc suits, so I will be doing the same this time. It's ok to bring other riders with different bikes (but keep 'em in the back :crackup:).

Add your name to the list if you are attending:

1. The Joker008
2. abprep07
3. 2ligitninjas
4. axo250
5. bigzx10

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Ok, people, hopefully we can make this an annual get together/ride. The date is set for Sunday, August 30th 2009. The time is 10am at the Disney exit in Orlando. axo250 and 2ligitninjas know the route. I have PM'd plenty of Florida riders that I could think and search for. Any other ZX-10R.net members are more than welcome to attend (if you can make here, lol).

Us South Florida riders will be leaving between 7am and 730 am from the Lake Worth Service Plaza (Palm Beach County) along the Florida Turnpike. I might ride down to Miami to pick up some riders there and then back up. I think last year some riders wore their 1pc suits, so I will be doing the same this time. It's ok to bring other riders with different bikes (but keep 'em in the back :crackup:).

1. The Joker008
2. abprep07
3. 2ligitninjas
4. axo250
5. bigzx10
6. treyzx10r

·
Registered
681 Posts
To make the start easy. The exit to Dinesy is at The Crossroads.Not the Park. Just before you turn to go to Pleasure Island there is a PERKINS, PARK IN THE BACK. We stop there for the smokers and it is easy to get in there and get out to start the ride.
The Perkins is on the right side of the road. In front of the HOOtiers:eyecrazy:

See you at 10.

·
Registered
377 Posts
the perkin's plaza is exit 68 i believe on I-4. It is st rd 535 Apopka/Vineland Rd. The plaza is directly across the Hotel Plaza Blvd entrance into Disney (takes you to down town disney).

We'll be leaving brevard at 9am with 9:15 at the latest. It will take us 45min to get to the plaza.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

1. The Joker008
2. abprep07
3. 2ligitninjas
4. axo250
5. bigzx10
6. treyzx10r
7. garth285 (maybe)
8. Green Goblin

·
Registered
681 Posts
For us east coast guys it is 520 to, Disney area, Celrmont,Lake Louise,Sugar Loaf, Apopka,Sanford,Christmas,520,to 95. It is a big Back road LOOP around central Florida, Orlando.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Yeah I have talked to a couple people also man, there about 70% at the moment but it should have a good turn out!!! I will have fresh tires twos before so I'm set haha

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^ Cool.

1. The Joker008
2. abprep07 +?
3. 2ligitninjas
4. axo250
5. bigzx10
6. treyzx10r
7. garth285 (maybe)
8. Green Goblin

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'm a maybe. I usually work Sunday's and will have to see if I can either switch or take off.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,093 Posts
You guys just HAD to do this on the weekend of Indy. Your killin me. LOL!:lol:Im in NEXT time.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just want everyone to know that this ride has some fairly twisty roads. It's definately not mountain or canyon material, but pretty damn good by Florida standards. I'm sure if I listed off some of the roads, the Orlando people probably know of them.

I know several of you are track day vets which is excellent. I would not recommend any newb riders on this ride.

As for leathers, anyone planning on wearing them? I had thought about wearing mine, but August would just be too hot in my mind. Especially for you guys coming from the South, you'd be in leathers for around 12 hours home to home.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
yeah man, I'm not old or anything, but this sounds great, sounds like a different change of pase you know, as long as we dont have anyone in deep corners giving ungodly amounts of throttle and trying to lowside in front of me were good, for the most part I will either be out front or dead in the back. Learned my lesson one to many times riding with people I dont know. But I'm not trying to sound bad but I'm wearing the helmet, my track gloves, boots, pants and a long sleeve shirt cause its going to be hot as hell, might bring the jacket or hoodie but who knows

·
Chairman of the Board
16,093 Posts
You guys be safe and post up some pics for me would ya. I hate to miss this one but Indy calls. Hopefully there will be another one soon.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,093 Posts
Bikes, roads, smoke breaks...its all good. Just nice to put some faces to the friendly folks you see here every day.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts