1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
+1, curious for 08 as well.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you don't mind the FI light, just remove it(the servo, NOT the light ;) ). Otherwise Ivan's performance products makes a relay that by paces is. I personally just can justify spending money to make a light stop blinking.

·
Registered
582 Posts
i think it is important to keep the light functioning as it has to do... because if you have an issue with another item, you will never know, coz your light blinks all the time... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Couldn't a tuner turn it off?
negative. I'm sure the motor works off some kind of resistance and when the ecu doesn't "see" that resistance (either from it being unplugged or for any other number of reasons) it then throws the fi light. I wonder if duplicating that resistance would be enough to keep the light off.

·
Registered
680 Posts
negative. I'm sure the motor works off some kind of resistance and when the ecu doesn't "see" that resistance (either from it being unplugged or for any other number of reasons) it then throws the fi light. I wonder if duplicating that resistance would be enough to keep the light off.
That stinks, guess you are either stuck with Ivans or a light.

·
Registered
370 Posts
You know, your right, it IS just a resister, it shouldn't be hard at all to create a small resister to replace the servo...

I think I'm going to give creating this thing a shot. Ive got some time this week, so I'll see if i can come up with something. in the immortal words of my hero, Jeremey Clarkson, "How hard can it be?"

·
Registered
680 Posts
You know, your right, it IS just a resister, it shouldn't be hard at all to create a small resister to replace the servo...

I think I'm going to give creating this thing a shot. Ive got some time this week, so I'll see if i can come up with something. in the immortal words of my hero, Jeremey Clarkson, "How hard can it be?"
Didn't someone fry their ecu doing this?

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

:+1: i would think if you could figure out how much resistance you need. you should be able to by pass it. personally i don't have the money to throw down just to get the light to go off. please lemme know what you find out

·
Registered
33 Posts
This would be great to know. On my K7 1000, we could remove the full servo motor and just unplug a wire from the ECM. It also disabled the O2 sensor and made on/off throttle a lot smoother.

This will help as leaving the servo in without the cables just screws it up anyway.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Any solutions yet!? I need a new butterfly valve actuator or a better solution to spending 235$$ for something I no longer need!

·
Registered
59 Posts
If only we knew what resistor to use it would be an easy mod.
Guess you could check the servo motor resistance with an Ohm meter & get a resistor to match

1 - 17 of 17 Posts