Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
huh....since it looks like a bug, I figured goo would come out when you squished one. Guess not.

sucks to be that guy, I think i'd be more pissed than that.

Who's paying for it? is it his fault or the truck's?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
huh....since it looks like a bug, I figured goo would come out when you squished one. Guess not.

sucks to be that guy, I think i'd be more pissed than that.

Who's paying for it? is it his fault or the truck's?
His fault; he got right behind the truck, right in the centre while the truck was backing up.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Looks like he has a little captain in him...LOL

Seriously I would have picked the frickin bike up!

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
you might want to blur out the guys plate!

·
Registered
464 Posts
:iamwithst Seriously who parks behind a 2+ ton truck right where they can't see you?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:iamwithst Seriously who parks behind a 2+ ton truck right where they can't see you?
Ya that truck weighs about 80,000 lbs. This could've been ALOT worse! We've got some equipped with rearview cameras, but this isn't one of them.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
It does seem kind of odd the mixer guy was backing up on the main road with oncoming traffic,no ground guides or traffic control people to help control traffic?
Then again if the biker dude would wipe that smerk off his face and take the accident a little more serious,his intent of the accident would've seem less obvious.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
that will happen, if it was me (i wouldnt do it in the first place) i would be devastated.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It does seem kind of odd the mixer guy was backing up on the main road with oncoming traffic,no ground guides or traffic control people to help control traffic?
Then again if the biker dude would wipe that smerk off his face and take the accident a little more serious,his intent of the accident would've seem less obvious.
Ya, I hear ya; guy is not my best driver. He was lost so he was backing into an apartment complex driveway to turn around.(legal, but stupid) Frankly I was shocked when the R.C.M.P. officer wrote the ticket to the bike.

·
Registered
357 Posts
So if you stop in the road, back up and hit someone, its not your fault ? What if there was a car behind him and he couldn't back up fast enough ?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So if you stop in the road, back up and hit someone, its not your fault ? What if there was a car behind him and he couldn't back up fast enough ?
I think the important point is that the truck was already backing up when the bike rode in behind him. I imagine it was as if the bike rear ended him. The ticket was for following too close and wrong lane position or something like that. I didn't mean to stir the shit - I thought the truck was gonna get the ticket as well.:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
to be honest, if i was in the biker's place (i dont think i would), i would have def blamed the driver. i dont care if he was already backing up or what. but if you are not smart enough to have someone guide you while you are backing up this 30+ ton monster, you shouldn't be driving that thing. the guy has a case against your company.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts