Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I use Sportec M1 tires myself. I'm not saying they're the best but they do pretty well. I'm going to be putting some Perelli Diablo tires on next.

I hear alot of talk about dunlop and bridgestone and whatnot, but I've heard good and bad things about those in particular. So anyway, who here thinks they have the best tires and why?

Personally i'm looking for really soft, sticky, fat tires that heat up fairly quick. So thats why I took the path I did.

What's your excuse?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I just put a set of the new Avon Viper tires on the 10 and i love them, they heat up well and grip tight in the corners, have not slipped or broken loose YET been about 3 weeks of riding ( 1100 miles)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
tires are down to persannal choice im on my 2nd set of dunlops 208rr and love them i,ve had a set of diablos on the 10 not the best feedback from the front .i,ve not tried pilots powers yet but they seem very popular on here but im sticking to what works for me and dunlop are replacing the 208 so they will be cheap till the stocks run out :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I just tried out a set of Pilot Power Race on mine yesturday. Loved 'em. Also dropped from a 190 to a 180.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm using the Sportec M1 and have been pleased with the performance. I've done 1 track day and put about 1,000 street miles on them. I bought two sets last month because it was buy a back tire, get a front tire for free type of deal.

I'm thinking about the Dunlop Qualifier the next time I need tires.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I like the pilot powers now that I got use to them. They felt a little too twitchy at first, due to the ZX10's short wheel base and the pilot power's tall skinny front tire profile. I have 2100 miles on them now and they still seem to have a lot of life left in them, I'm just now start to break the back loose in corners.
I had the stock 218's completely worn out after 1900 miles, they seem to have the same profile as the 208zr (short wide front tire).

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Michelin pilot ROADS.Lots of grip and damn good milage.Almost got 6,000 miles on my rear and a friend of mine has over 7,000 on his.PC :idea:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I have had PP's and diablos, liked them equally. I will try qualifiers after my new PP's are done...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I put new pilot power street on today, and only had 500 miles on the 218s with a track day until I got a broken part of a bone in them. I wanted the new dunlop but it was not on the shelfs yet. On my GSXR 1000 I had a set of pilot power street and got 12000 miles out of them yep 12000 miles before getting a nail in the rear.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
had the M1's for about 9k miles or so, loving them!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I use to run the dunlop's and loved them until the pilot powers (street) come out. Now i've been running the powers on all my bikes but I still have the stockers on the 10. If I like how they handle and tip over I may try the dunlops again :dontknow: . I know and from what I hear the dunlops & powers heat up really fast but one good point with the powers is that they are dual compond (hard in the middle & soft on the sides), Thats why every one gets alot of mileage out of there powers. Dunlops dont last that long.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have Michelin Pilot Powers for the street and Michelin Power Race for the track. Great tires!

·
Registered
225 Posts
The bike I just bought has the Diablo Corsas on. Last year I was riding a ZX-12r on Bridgestone 014's which were excellent but my mates 10 has used Super Corsa's for ages and now he's on Super Corsa Pro's. I was only getting 1600 miles out of my back tyre on the 12 and he gets 2500 out of the Super corsa's, that always boiled my piss. I've followed him and ridden his bike and it is rock solid on these tyres.
coach

1 - 14 of 14 Posts