Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Triumph is the one brand ive never owned . This is Very tempting . This Rocket 3 makes the V-max seem tame . Google the UTUBE video

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The Rocket 3 is so ugly its cool looking ( the roadster and the touring model at least ) Definatly a second bike . Not your primary ride . The bike is a 2300cc with 146(yes 146!!) lbs of torque 703lbs . Engine is a vertical in line 3 that looks lioke it was stolen out of a Suzuki swift ( 3 cyl car engine) its excess to the extream. I might buy one being left overs are going for 8-9000 new

When it first came out they had a U tube video that was hilarious !!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, Ive owned an 06 model. They are an awsome bike. For such a large bike/cruiser it handles , brakes and obviously performs very well. Eat a harley for breakfast!
Fantastic for long rides and big sweeping roads, thumbs up:thumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Knuckle your the first person ive talked to that actually owned the bike . My sons roadking has 140 hp and 135lbs toque but the frame is so flimsy you have to buy a brace for the rear and a damper for the front or it shakes during braking .

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mate, had the Rocket on a dyno. Pipes, airfilter and a tune and it made 140 at the wheel, plus that thing has over 200Nm of torque on tap. Had that thing pointing to the sky once, almost crapped myself but it was a blast. Would buy one again for sure!

But my Gen 1 is still my favourite ride Ive ever owned:thumbsup:

·
Registered
778 Posts
damn that weelie was impressive for a 703lbs machine!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Knuckle your the first person ive talked to that actually owned the bike . My sons roadking has 140 hp and 135lbs toque but the frame is so flimsy you have to buy a brace for the rear and a damper for the front or it shakes during braking .
HD roadking?? 140hp??? I've known some people with pretty hopped up (and very expensive) HDs, but none of them claimed over 100hp. My curiosity is piqued :badteeth:

On topic - the Triumph looks like a blast!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've always wondered about that bike and thought it was very interesting. But for some reason it never occurred to me to look up vids on youtube for it. That vid was hilarious. I'm convinced I would really like to ride one now.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
na, that thing looks too ugly. If your looking for something naked and beasty get the new z1000, that is an animal

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LIMENINE ... http://www.jimsusa.com. they are a company that works Harley davidson engines exclusively . You buy the WHOLE motor 124ci or 131ci(2200cc) 675 lift cams stage 2? heads ect . I also installed baker 6 speed tranny . Look in my bike pic files . two tone maroon , beige retro stying . Ultimate sleeper . beat a GSXR600 awhile back ( 1/8 mile from stoplight) ... For a Harley its a blast!! you twist the throttle and 850lbs goes like hell as you hope something doesnt let loose or explode . Road kings where NEVER designed to go that fast lol.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
That video was nukkin futs! Haha good stuff

·
Registered
241 Posts
Jake318 - wow - that's nutty for a Road King. I rode a stocker from Salt Lake to Missoula for a friend, and when i was asked how I liked it afterward I described it as "a marshmallow with a hinge in the middle". I can just imagine with 3X the horses :eyecrazy:

At least the Triumph was designed from the get go for that kind of oomph :badteeth:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
limenine great analogy lolol. Its a neat spare bike to have . Cant imagine going WFO on it . Maybe ill take it out on a track day next summer and see what it does through the traps

1 - 20 of 33 Posts