Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a '05 636. Mine are what? I want my rims to have the black spokes with the polished lip so Im wondering if I need to have the paint stripped off the rims completely then the spokes powder coated black then the lips polished...... What do you guys think?? Like SCZX10R and z4woo's. Opinions??

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
no no no. ok I've been meaning to write a how to thread and today i have tome give me a half an hour or so.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sczx10r said:
no no no. ok I've been meaning to write a how to thread and today i have tome give me a half an hour or so.
remember that mine are not black to begin with like yours.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If he does his like I did mine it wont matter. It will take you 5 hours to make them all nice and shiny on the edges. I am picking up a 05 10R this weekend and that may be one of the things I do along with putting on some turn signals and the tag stuff.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
The color on the 636 wheels is titanium. They're not black like the 10R wheels.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
vettewreck said:
I have a '05 636. Mine are what? I want my rims to have the black spokes with the polished lip so Im wondering if I need to have the paint stripped off the rims completely then the spokes powder coated black then the lips polished...... What do you guys think?? Like SCZX10R and z4woo's. Opinions??
You got it right, strip and powdercoat leaving edges polished. You don't want to try to get real powdercoat off the lips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts