Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that several other members are going to be starting to travel soon for the holidays. Just be careful and watch for others. Me personally am working from 7-5 tomarow and then driving back to PA to see my family. I will probally get home around 3 am or so. :sad: Also this is going to be one of the hardest Thanksgivings I have ever had. My grandfather is expected to pass away soon and he might not be around for Christmas. Another sad note is my dog Casey is going to be put to sleep also. My parents called yesterday and told me they have kept him alive until I can come home and see him one more time. He is a golden retriever and is 10 years old. He was the best hunting dog and friend I have ever had and I am really going to miss him. So if I dont get online at all tomarow or before the holiday I want to wish you all a happy Thanksgiving.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
That's rough, no grandparents left here- just do your best to enjoy your time with them and family this TG.

One of my dogs is 15 and very happy/healthy yet at her age I feel like she's on borrowed time- hope she is able to pass peacefully.
That is thogh on the family having to make that decision. Obviously your in a position where it is best for him.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Both my girlfriend and me have no family so we are going to ride Thursday morning in the foothills on the the completely empty roads and then we are going to ride Friday and Saturday around the Barryessa with some of the Ducatista nazi's. I love 4 day holidays. Any NorCal riders interested in meeting up and doing some 'spirited' riding PM me I'll send you details.:mrgreen:

To everyone else have a safe and happy thanksgiving.:beer:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Chad may you spend some quality time with your family and companion (casey)once more before the enevitable. Holidays with sadness are extremely hard on the soul but you will have support near by so confide in them as best you can for they are part of who you are.

As for everyone else whatever you choose to do over the thanksgiving holiday enjoy it to the fullest.

BD

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Chad may you spend some quality time with your family and companion (casey)once more before the enevitable. Holidays with sadness are extremely hard on the soul but you will have support near by so confide in them as best you can for they are part of who you are.

As for everyone else whatever you choose to do over the thanksgiving holiday enjoy it to the fullest.

BD
:+1: Remember that you also have an extended support group/family here. :smile:

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and drive safe.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Everyone just be safe. Watch out for the other guy.

We all have sadness of some sort, but we are all truly blessed beyond belief. I hope we can all remember that this weekend and every weekend.

As for me, this is the first TG after my recent divorce AND my 3-yr old daughter will be with me from Wed - Sun. That is what I'm most thankful for.

Take care

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spacecoast 10R said:
:+1: Remember that you also have an extended support group/family here. :smile:

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and drive safe.

aww big group :makeout: <----that is suppose to be a hug :crackup:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to put my bike up this evening. I wont see her again until March :sad:

·
.net Most Followed Member
8,795 Posts
luckz88 said:
I know that several other members are going to be starting to travel soon for the holidays. Just be careful and watch for others. Me personally am working from 7-5 tomarow and then driving back to PA to see my family. I will probally get home around 3 am or so. :sad: Also this is going to be one of the hardest Thanksgivings I have ever had. My grandfather is expected to pass away soon and he might not be around for Christmas. Another sad note is my dog Casey is going to be put to sleep also. My parents called yesterday and told me they have kept him alive until I can come home and see him one more time. He is a golden retriever and is 10 years old. He was the best hunting dog and friend I have ever had and I am really going to miss him. So if I dont get online at all tomarow or before the holiday I want to wish you all a happy Thanksgiving.
wow chad sorry to hear the bad news dude.no grandfathers or grandmothers here too :sad: anyway take care and drive safe in your 3am ride:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its going to suck...about a 10 hour drive and it will be dark the whole way...

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i coudn't find a hug smilie...get in the chat NOW RIGHT NOW

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
luckz88 said:
Its going to suck...about a 10 hour drive and it will be dark the whole way...
I tried that on the way home from Gboro last Thurs nite. It sucked big time. About 3 hrs into the trip the sand man started to do his work. I started to stop every 1.5 hrs to get a 15 min nap. Then about 4am he won and I had to stop for a 2 hour nap just to get to work on Fri at 10am.
What was supposed to be 10 hrs turned into 14.

I'm leaving early Fri morning like 4 or 6 am so I'll be driving during daylight on my way to Gboro to pick up the GF at her parents.

Drive safe Chad. It's a tough drive at night.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Eatin grub with the family and hanging out for a couple of days then it's off to Orlando for work. I'll be there all next week. Trey has already promised me a ride on the side car :eyecrazy: and some good home cooked Q. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spacecoast 10R said:
I tried that on the way home from Gboro last Thurs nite. It sucked big time. About 3 hrs into the trip the sand man started to do his work. I started to stop every 1.5 hrs to get a 15 min nap. Then about 4am he won and I had to stop for a 2 hour nap just to get to work on Fri at 10am.
What was supposed to be 10 hrs turned into 14.

I'm leaving early Fri morning like 4 or 6 am so I'll be driving during daylight on my way to Gboro to pick up the GF at her parents.

Drive safe Chad. It's a tough drive at night.

Y dind't you get a hold of me whe you were in town last night :heyyou:

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I'm still here in FL.
Leaving to be up there this Fri. after Thanksgiving, then returning Sun late afternoon to FL.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well i am leaving work in 5 min and heading bck to the house and loading the bike up and heading for PA. I will talk to you guys later and once again have a nice and safe Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Have a good Thanksgiving fellas.
Looks like a housefull for me. No ride time. Plus my leathers are being sent off for repairs.
Be safe on the drive time also.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts