Just ordered my PPs! Can't wait to get them and get them mounted! :thumbsup:

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
good luck, i ordered mine from him 7 weeks ago, and still waiting

·
Registered
271 Posts
I got my Ohlins from Dan Kyle since Flatout was too busy to answer email. Phone or nothing. That didnt work for me. I hope you will get it soon........

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was told they would be shipped out yesterday. I called and they answered the phone right away. Took exactly 2:34 too place the order. My home phone has a timer on it! I probably won't mount these as soon as I get them. I will probably mount them a couple weeks before my trackday at the end of August. I will post another review of them after the track day.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
yea I've been told the same as well not on tires but on a sprocket that I've been waiting on for over two weeks now.
I ordered a PC3 usb from There and he said it was "in stock". I live about 140 miles from Flatout so I'm thinking 1-2 days tops to get the pc. Long story short it takes 9 days and it came dropo-shipped from Dan Kyle in California.
I consider something in stock if you can go and look at it pick it up and hold it in your hand.. not in stock across the country on someone elses shelf.
I'll NEVER do business with Flatout again..shame on him because I have spent over $15,000 in the last three years on various accessories.

and now he won't even answer my pms about where the f*#k my sprocket is.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Kinda sounds like the bullsh*t I've went through trying to get a set of brake lines from them the last two weeks. To make it even better, I'll probably miss my trackday this weekend because of it.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
sorry for thread jacking....just got my tracking number for the tires....should be here today :D

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
sometimes patience makes up for the great deals slava can get us.
I'm not saying I never had issues but the price is to me the bottom line.
I gave up taking the bike apart beofre the part is in hand...now I wait...even if UPS says it will be there.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
BNninja said:
sometimes patience makes up for the great deals slava can get us.
I'm not saying I never had issues but the price is to me the bottom line.
I gave up taking the bike apart beofre the part is in hand...now I wait...even if UPS says it will be there.
I'm just the opposite. I for one don't like being lied to. I want my purchases to arrive when they say they will arrive. I'd rather spend the extra money and get it like it was promised not pissing around and waiting for weeks on something I could of had next day through another vendor.
just this AM I got a PM from Slava saying he's on it as far as getting me a tracking number and than I never heard anything back. :dontknow:

I went with him because it seemed that most everyone used him and he is close to me so shipping (I thought) would be quick. I had heard some negatives about him before on another board and now I know why first hand.
lesson learned I guess.

·
Registered
945 Posts
i dont see why you guys buy anything from that flatout person. Everyone that i see that ever buys anything from him is dissappointed. I saw recently on here there was a group buy for some kind of aftermarket wheels, and i dont think he ever came through for the guys that had bought the wheels. I have no clue who he is but theres no way in hell id ever give money to someone thats gonna take forever or possibly never get my stuff.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I was disapointed because i thought he is full of busines so he has no time to reply. I PM him emailed him and answer was short. And he insisted to do it through phone. Since im not in States and i got two or three chances a year to get something from there it is vital to get it in time.
On my last PM he didnt even bother to answer. I understand that if you are full in work you dont have time to answer all PMs. But then i checked his replys on forums and he is active so he have time, he just have no interes to do busines.
I have bad expirience on phone ordering since english is not my native language so i like it to be writen. And since he is site sponsor i first try and make deal with him.
Then i gave up and got my ohlins 46prxls from Kyle.
So if someone dont want my money i go somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I am sorry that you guys have all had bad experiences with the guys at Flatout. I got home from work today and low and behold, there are my new tires by the back door. I couldn't get the tires any cheaper or faster throught the local dealer so I went with Flatout. I will definitely be giving them a call for some more business in the future.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Pressley10r said:
i dont see why you guys buy anything from that flatout person. Everyone that i see that ever buys anything from him is dissappointed. I saw recently on here there was a group buy for some kind of aftermarket wheels, and i dont think he ever came through for the guys that had bought the wheels. I have no clue who he is but theres no way in hell id ever give money to someone thats gonna take forever or possibly never get my stuff.
Not to take up for Flatout but you've been on this site all of a month and you've come to this based on a few people who have complained. And a thread that you didnt read all of the facts on. Look at it this way, for every 1 person who complains there are more who are satisfied and dont say a thing. I've had good dealings with them. And I almost went in on the GB for the wheels, just couldnt come up with the money in time. But If you re-read that thread, you are making the point that I was talkin about. These vedors dont have the money to have all the stuff in stock, that kind overhead will break them. So they are at the mercy of their suppliers who tell them "yeah we got it, or it will take X number of days" and then they find out that they dont, or it doesnt. This is hidden from us "the end consumer" because all we see is "X" vendor said this..and it didnt happen. So now we are pissed at them because they didnt come through on what they said. And in the end its the vendor who gets the bad rep. and loses business behind it.
Gettin back to the wheel GB. It's a wonder any of the vendors do them. I bet Flatout is making about 100 bucks (if that) per set from the guys who went in on the GB. But I know they all saved anywhere from 200-400 if they had tried to soruce the wheels themselves. AND HERES THE KICKER, if the guys in the GB had tried to source those wheels from somewhere else they would have ended up paying more AND still having to wait because the MANFU didnt have the wheels Cut for Flatout or any other vendor....But again It's Flatouts fault that it's taken so long for the GB on the wheels to fall through. Or thats how its seen here.....

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
hey guys,
i get all my shit from slava too and i've been pretty happy with the service...
i have had a couple probs however, took three tries to get the right masterlink for my new chain... think it was like 6-8 weeks...problem eventually resolved...
got my pitbulls without the spools, which we had agreed i would get on the phone... havent called yet to ask what up so thats on me...

overall, i give them good marks and will go back... slava usually beats the rest by a noticible margin when talking money...i have always assumed that he just handled a bunch of orders...mistakes happen, no foul, as long as he returns emails etc ... the missed emails etc IS on slava, however...no excuses for poor response time...

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
ZX-7rking hit it right on the money. But to add to that, the maufacturers cant even afford to keep all this stuff in stock. They are trying to only build enough product to fill their sales. Having worked in a motorcycle parts shop, i know how tough the situation is for the shops and the customers. Trust me, shops do not like holding on to your merchandise. Its not like we used to sit around laughing that Joe Schmoes windscreen didnt come in again, like it was supposed to for the 5th time. Believe me, i love having things right now too, but i also remember that sometimes, even the distributors screw up with product delivery dates. Anyway, i have had good experiences with Slava, and for those of you that have not, im sorry to hear that, but hopefully this may help you see that the problem does not lie with one person, its the entire industry.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Ara said:
and for those of you that have not, im sorry to hear that, but hopefully this may help you see that the problem does not lie with one person, its the entire industry.
sorry,
but if the guy was telling the truth and slava hadnt been calling back, thats not an industry wide problem...thats bad customer service...BTW i'll repeat, i'm gonna go back to slava... the issues i've had were dealt with timely and accurately... but for this other guy, IF slava hadnt called him back, then the customer svs wasnt there...

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Sure, i agree, i was not referring to any one incident. Just making a statement in general. Not saying that people dont have valid reasons for the way they feel. After all, we are only human, lol.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Ive never dealt with this slava person before nor did i say i ever have, and never will for that matter. My only point was, (myself being a business owner) that when you say your going to do something, or have something in stock or ready, your only option is to have it ready. If this means checking with the supplier to see exactly how long it will take, then so be it. Im not complaining or trying to put down this flatout company at all. From all the posts i have read, including this thread and many others, it sounds like you guys are complaining and saying that he does not deliver. If this is incorrect then dismiss all of my previous posts. By the way zx7king, there is a way on this site to search through old posts and threads that were posted before you were a member. And if you care to, you can look on the other zx-10 forum to see how long i have been a member there. (why that matters i do not know??)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts