Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I went searching a while back for a local board a while back to "fall back on" from time to time so I could better find some folks to ride with. You know, since none of ya'll live anywhere near my arse. As some of you also know, that search ended in utter failure. As a result, I created my own, tiny, PHPBB board and named it Louisville-Sportbikes.com. I knew that the main issue with the 2 main boards in my area was SUPER POOR miss management. So everything I did on my own board, from an admin stance, I did while saying to myself, "What would dem' cats at 10R.net do??". No kidding, as if ya'll didn't know, this site is the shiz-nit. I just figured, if I could make a local board that could ever turn out to even be 1/4 as good as this site, then that would be one rockin' arse board for me and my local boys. Hence raising my odds of riding with some really good feller's.

Well, I'm happy to report that due to the inspiration of this site, not only have we had a great start this season, we've actually gained a great amount of fun, talented guys. I've had the Summer of my life riding my bike. Most of the guys on that site feel the same way. I continue to rob members slowly, but surely from those other two boards also. That, coupled with the fact that as of this past Monday I upgraded to VBulletin (another ZX-10R.net inspiration) is sure to do nothing but rob more fellers from them two joker sites :lol:

Don't think I'm going anywhere though. Like I said, this site is the shiz'. I can't imagine the web without it. Now that I've got the biggest part of the work of my site done, I can get back to surfin' here more again!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Thats sounds cool. I am in the same situation, not many sportbikes in my area but I would love to start my own local site, unfortunately I am too computer illiterate.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
luckz88 said:
You can always use yahoo groups
Yeah, but there is a GREAT amount of Sportbikes in my area, but nothing really "uniting" us. I know that may sound corny to some. But I felt the area needed something better to maybe bring a larger chunk of us together as one :dontknow:

Just don't go getting the idea that I'm trying to steal any of this sites thunder. I'm more bent on local domination, where ZX-10R.net is closer to Global Domination :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Great job on the local site. Keep up the good work over there and dont forget about us.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
05Zixxer said:
Kick, that's great.

I still have the camera mount in the works. I've been busy with family stuff and work FOREVER!
Dude you know I ain't worried about that. Family first pal :ayyy: Thanks again!

Glad everybody likes the site also. I ain't ever gonna forget, or leave this site. Unless I get banned somehow :badteeth: I'm still totally infatuated with this site and great friends with a lot of members. So I'll be around for a while. Also, if anybody was wondering. This changes nothing about there being a part 3 of the Member Movie series. There WILL be one, but like I've said before, it'll be next Summer (read: season) for sure.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Hey Kick - if you are serious about this movie stuff, get Final Cut. Seriously, works ton's better than iMovie. I am just getting started with it, but man is it cool and really not that processor heavy - I thought it would eat up my old G4 but not so much.

I'd get FCE as opposed to Studio though, just based on $$$ (unless you can find an older stand-alone version of Pro for cheap).

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
lavudyar said:
Hey Kick - if you are serious about this movie stuff, get Final Cut. Seriously, works ton's better than iMovie. I am just getting started with it, but man is it cool and really not that processor heavy - I thought it would eat up my old G4 but not so much.

I'd get FCE as opposed to Studio though, just based on $$$ (unless you can find an older stand-alone version of Pro for cheap).
I've actually been trying to justify dumping the cash into that EXACT program. But that's a lot of change. I agree though, it's the one to have fo'sho!

danno22 said:
Ya nicked all our smilies ya thieving git:nana::badteeth::lol:
Well, actually I contributed a handful of the ones we have here (like the beating the dead horse one). But yeah, some of my favorites from here are over there too. I even have them set to the same quick codes so I don't have to remember two different sets of em'. Sad ain't it?? :lol:

10 speed said:
kick. just got a tank mount and a camera
Wicked! One more contributor for the next flick then :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts