Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I remember hearing a few words about the texas shootout not going to be run anymore, how true is this? If its still a go when do they update their site? I just called and got an answering machine so i left a message. However here is my true question, what could i compete in that i would stand a chance, im running low 11's and soon to be in the 10's on my 600, is there a 600/750CC class?

EDIT: found what i was looking for on their site. So no texas shootout, is there any other organized racing like this elsewhere in texas? I know San antonio raceway has first friday of the month and what not...

·
Registered
99 Posts
working on it.. CD and Donna(that own TXSO) live not too far from me now. i have asked them on how sale of TXSO is going. they claim to have one serious interested party. i even talked about buying the series and running it..but i live in W TX and its 10 hour drive for me to get to Houston.(11-12 hours for CD and Donna). there are some guys outta houston working with track there trying to get something rolling. we should know something in couple weeks. i dont see any 600 class in makings... not many 600s ran TXSO. next thing is the PMRA which runs out of Oklahoma. its big family and great racing. its similar to TXSO. most of races are in NOble, OK(right outside of OK city). its at Thunder valley raceway.. killer track. they have one race in Wichita KS. www.PMRA.net is your interested. the track is 2 hour drive from Dallas...not sure how far Dallas is from S.A.(i think like 3-4 hours?) its about 7 hour drive for me to get there and would be close to same for you. they have all typical classes... ET, Pro ET, SC, SG, new 9.50 class( http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/anmviewer.asp?a=2690&z=13 ), SBS, Funnybike. they have good time and its worth drive. If i hear anything on TXSO or local Houston stuff Ill let ya know.

also guys from Lousiana have series worked out called CajunShootout Dragracing series. there gonna hve like 4-5 races at No problem raceway. pretty much same classes as TXSO had cept 1000SS. but thats long drive as well. Its 16 hour drive for me 1 way and like 4-5 hour drive from Houston. http://www.noproblemraceway.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts