Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
There's a couple guys here that have done Maxton and it takes a good package to reach 200 so continue your project above and beyond what you already have.

BD

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
If it add's hp do it. if it shaves weight do it. if you can get lower on the bike do it. 200mph is a beast!!! Im going back to maxton soon and were going with almost 500rwhp. To be honest a stock bore zx10 probably wont get the job done without a power adder. however I dont want to discourage you. Go and you will have fun. READ THE TECK INSPECTION PAGES!!!! you will spend 1/2 the time doing this stuff alone. If your going in march START NOW!!!!!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
@ maxton I went 191 with a slip on,pc3,+1F gearing and a 40 shot of dry nos. The bike was stock height and wheel base

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
If it add's hp do it. if it shaves weight do it. if you can get lower on the bike do it. 200mph is a beast!!! Im going back to maxton soon and were going with almost 500rwhp. To be honest a stock bore zx10 probably wont get the job done without a power adder. however I dont want to discourage you. Go and you will have fun. READ THE TECK INSPECTION PAGES!!!! you will spend 1/2 the time doing this stuff alone. If your going in march START NOW!!!!!
I have to disagree with part of this. A stock bore 10r will go 200mph with a good rider and a little work. A good head and a little nos will go a long way. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I guess my point is if your thinking about doing it get started... WEATHER also plays a big part. I had the fastest zx14 on the course and hot humid day made me go 198mph. the bike that was under me did 191mph. no mods but 1 month later he did 215! so weather plays a HUGE roll in it. The "salton of speed" went home early and was heard saying "no point in being out in this weather" 98 degrees and humid as hell.
So my point is... do everything you can to overcome obsticals you cant forsee. HOPEFULLY when you go it will be 65 with dry air.
OH!! Traction is a issue!!!!! no vht or any crap like that. so be prepared for some slip and sliding on big hp bikes.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
get another chain and bring the stretch allll the way in. the extra traction will help.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I live pretty close to Goliad (about an hour). So if you guys end up going and need anything...let me know.
Near Goliad :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
Yea I guess were closer than anyone else huh...

There is a dragstrip just out of San Antonio thats open year round as well. Its not very fast but its a real nice facility.

Only other thing I can tell you to watch out for at the Texas Mile is to get familiar with the track... most importantly whatever they have set up to indicate where the shut down area starts.
A girl friend of mine had a uh... lets just say, "incident" with that on her turb. busa. :badteeth:

As far as set up, for what its worth, another good friend of mine went 200.7 at the mile with just a lowered stretched 14 and a small shot. I know for a fact his cases have never been split. :ayyy:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Uhhhh you know the saying right?
ECTA: rookies never hit there goal.

No offence and no im not here to rain on your parade but i dont want you to be crushed.... trust me "it aint as easy as it looks" we threw almost $10+ at a zx14 and weather screwed us..... soooo ya know. look for "Maxton" on here

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Im planning on goi next year as well maybe I'll c ya there... I wanna break deezhuls record of 205 on motor and 209 on nitrous :-D

what gearing you going to run?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
No shit i have a STACK of vortex sprokets that go with me. when i say stack im talking like 10 different sizes. there are formulas that work but no one thinks to add 5+mph wind into it. so talk to dewatne and get him to ship you like 7 different sprokets.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the guys i'm goin with have a 10r as well and they went twice last year. he said they have plenty of sprokets and bottles that i can use. the one with the 10 has prob got 3in. and 40lbs on me and he did 187 on the motor last year. i'm not saying i'm gonna hit 200 my first run. but why can't you set big goals!!

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
thats a must.
The speedo healer allows you to make the speedo read 19mph while traveling at 190+. It's the %90 setting. also you ned to print all instructions you may or may not need for it... and uhhh well dont spill soda on those lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts