Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Registration for the March Texas Mile opens tomorrow, Friday.

http://www.texasmile.net/

March 26 thru 28, 2010.

Hope to see some 10's representin' out there.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Im planning on making it

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
hey dsflyhigh i hope you and greg will be done with the 14 and i would like nothing better than to make the trip and try my NOS 10r that greg did for me it's something im going and try to do this year so you never know if things go well i might be able to make it down

·
Registered
744 Posts
I want to do this. That weekend is my B-day. My 10R is completely stock except for a Two Bros. slip on. Perhaps some fellow texans will school me in the way of upgrades.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hey dsflyhigh i hope you and greg will be done with the 14 and i would like nothing better than to make the trip and try my NOS 10r that greg did for me it's something im going and try to do this year so you never know if things go well i might be able to make it down
Come on down. It's a good time. My 14 better be done, I know Greg will make it happen. I would love to see more 10's down there. I was the only one last October. 176mph was respectable with my 185 lbs plus gear on a stock bike, sans pipe, pc3, tune, and a filter.
NOS bike would be awesome!!! 200!!!
I'm just taking the 14 this time, 2 bikes was too much. I didn't give the 10 much attention. The weekend was fun as $hit though, what a rush.
Great people to get to know. Lots of cool bikes and cars, and I learned a ton about riding style, technique, etc. Even though it's a straight line mile there's still a lot going on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to do this. That weekend is my B-day. My 10R is completely stock except for a Two Bros. slip on. Perhaps some fellow texans will school me in the way of upgrades.
I'm certainly no expert but there are a couple of things you can easily do to help that don't cost tons of $$$$.

Race filter to let her breathe, speedohealer to take out the limiter (I was indicating 195mph on my 176mph run, even with the healer, lots of slippage on these light bikes at those speeds), you need to safety wire some things (if I can do this anyone can). Strap the front end to help it from coming up too much and lower the rear a bit (I didn't have lowering links).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I registered yesterday, it's filling up quick. They said over a hundred signed up already, it's getting more and more popular.

http://www.texasmile.net/

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hope to see you guys/gals there. Less than 2 weeks now. I will be there with my 14, I have a 19 foot Cherokee Grey Wolf toy hauler and a black GMC Sierra pickup, come on by and hang out, you're all welcome.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn, I wish we had something like this up north
There is an event the last week in July at Loring, Maine. But it is waaaay north on the Canadian border. And it's a huge runway, an old Air Force base, and they run 1.5 miles. I'm gonna try to make it this year.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The weekend went very well, no major mishaps or injuries.

Sunday had a nice tailwind, looks like the cars got the most out of it.

I got my ZX-10 up to 180.1 on Saturday. Up from 176 in October. The only differences to the bike was lowering it 2.5 inches, and running MR9, which helped a lot. I am also about 12 pounds heavier than in October, so she ran well. I wish I could have taken advantage of the winds Sunday, but my front tire was going down and I didn't want to risk anything at those speeds. I was going to go to a -1 tooth in the rear but there was no sense changing it Saturday night.

I also rode my buddies stock 2008 Hayabusa to a 194.8 on Saturday. He did a 199.9 on Sunday, bummer to not get 200 but still fast as $hit for a stock bike.

Fastest pass was a 261.5 on a turbo 'busa, that is smokin for a standing Mile.

I think the fastest car was 249mph from a Ford GT.

The event had a great turnout, saw 2 other 10's there as well. Hope to see more in October, 22-24. www.texasmile.net

Doug

1 - 14 of 14 Posts