Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we have the new strip forum, mind as well use it... I'm going to my first drag day on the 29th (would be nice if someone else from the board showed up, Norwalk Ohio) ... I used to drag my car all the time but never on a bike... couple general questions... my bike is all stock except for a slip on and air filter... Any advice? About what rpm should I launch at? I'll mainly be racing my buddy who has an 06 R1 so beating him isn't a problem but I'd like to run below a 10.5 if that's realistic???? :helmet:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Is the bike @ stock height? If it is then take it easy. I launch @ around 4500 and slip the clutch until I don't need to anymore. But my bike is lowered, straped, and geared. If you strap it down in the front you should be able to get into the high 9's with some practice. The first time to the strip with my 10 with it straped I went a 10.40 but the strap makes a difference. You can pick one up for like $20. but you need the radial adapter also. Seat time is the key so good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
maze said:
Is the bike @ stock height? If it is then take it easy. I launch @ around 4500 and slip the clutch until I don't need to anymore. But my bike is lowered, straped, and geared. If you strap it down in the front you should be able to get into the high 9's with some practice. The first time to the strip with my 10 with it straped I went a 10.40 but the strap makes a difference. You can pick one up for like $20. but you need the radial adapter also. Seat time is the key so good luck and have fun.
That about sums it up.

SEAT TIME = Lower ET's:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts