Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have kept my first 1000 due to sentimental reasons. But time are a changing. I'm enjoying the track more and already have a dedicated track bike. But would like a 1000 for track days and street. I can't bring myself to risk this beautiful 1st gen at the track.
Bike details:
-04 with less than 8500 miles. Which those are excessive it actually went -1 on front sprocket at 6700 and I never got around to adding a Speedo healer.
-gpr dampner
-adjustable rear sets. Unsure of brand. It's been a long time since I bought mods for it. Some I picked up off here. Have the factorys though
-hotbodies gp growler made to fit
-hotbodies undertail
-stainless front brake lines
-carbon front fender
-Euro front turns
-cheap mirror delete

I am not original owner. But the first owner was a good friend (I actually went rode it the first day he got it) that never had time to ride. I rode it more than him till I eventually bought it from him in 2005. It's stored in my living room and I usually get it out for a few 100 miles a year. Tires are pilot 2ct with at least 90% tread.
The negatives:
-has oil leak around water pump. I'm assuming the usual considering its still the factory one.
-it's never been laid over in a wreck. It fell over in my yard once which did nothing. Then once at a shop they dropped it. But the worker got underneathe it and the brake lever got a mark on it.
-it's all factory plastic that's 11 years old. Does have a few small stress cracks.

Mostly posting in the forums first because I have no clue what to ask for something like this. Blue book is a nice start but I know there is some stigma around these bikes. Any help on what to ask and input would be greatly appreciated. Because sometimes forums have rules about mentioning price I'll say $4700.00 just because. I'm not being delusional just stating it because if someone came with that I'd definitely let it go.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10-4 that's the info I was looking for. But didn't know if that low of mileage on something never molested would make a difference. I'd just keep it in the living room if that's all I could get. At least it's a conversation starter. Lol
Thank you!

·
Registered
552 Posts
The cleanest, most highly modded gen 1s typically go for 5-6k.
It's hard to get what it's worth when it's not one of the most highly modded and even then, many of them sell the aftermarket parts then sell the bike separately with the OEM parts installed to get the bike's worth. Just in my area, Memphis Tn, the most you may get is 4k and on average, you'll get 2.8-3.5k offers. I say remove the growler, the windshield, rearsets, and damper. Of course, sell those parts on this forum, they'll go quickly. Replace them with OEM then sell the bike. You should get around 4.3-4.7k that way.

Growler - 150-200
GPR - 250-300
Rearsets - 100 150 (assuming they're not a major brand)
Windshield - Double bubble - 50

Just rough estimates on numbers. Could probably get 500-700 on your aftermarkets.

·
Registered
552 Posts
& I just read that it has a small leak and a few fairing cracks. People will often subtract any issues from their offer price. New fairings are pretty expensive. Even if they wanted to offer 4.7k, top dollar chinese fairings are around 700$. Then they'll usually come up with their own price on fixing the oil leak to make their,"Reasonable" offer around 3.5-.3.7k.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts