Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the average idle temp of an 07 zx10r. I think mine is getting hot.It goes to about 215F.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the average idle temp of an 07 zx10r. I think mine is getting hot.It goes to about 215F.
I've never seen mine go above 205º. I think that's where the fan comes on and cools it off, usually goes down to mid 190º's. I avoid letting this bike run while stopped. You're fan should come on before 210ºF, you might want to check on that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
On a hot day and stopping frequently in traffic, I've seen 220 degrees on mine. These bikes do run hot, I wil be replacing the coolant soon with engine ice.

·
Registered
139 Posts
mine still get's to about 215 and that's with Engine Ice but I live in vegas also so it's hot as hell here, but when the fan kicks in it gets to about 195 or so.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
hmm, how many miles/years should you do this... i just picked up a 03 R6 yesterday and i doubt they did that... but it has 4500miles

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
I've never seen mine go above 205º. I think that's where the fan comes on and cools it off, usually goes down to mid 190º's. I avoid letting this bike run while stopped. You're fan should come on before 210ºF, you might want to check on that.

+1...Mine will go to 210 and then the fan kicks on...Usually on hot days where it is stop and go, the temp will get to the 190s -200s. Yeah, after a ride, I do not let it sit there running. I shut it off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts