Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new on here ,i got a 04 zx10 and my temp isnt working at all !!!! anyone know where or what to start checking ? any help would be great

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope there's nothing ,when u turn the key it turns on like it would but than there's nothing ,i had to hook my fan to a toggle switch cause it wasn't coming on

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
nope there's nothing ,when u turn the key it turns on like it would but than there's nothing ,i had to hook my fan to a toggle switch cause it wasn't coming on
How hot did it get when you were testing the fan? How long was it running? What's the outside temp?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Chairman of the Board
16,004 Posts
How hot did it get when you were testing the fan? How long was it running? What's the outside temp?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
:+1: Mine gets to almost 200 before it comes on. One reason I did the manual fan switch mod.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not sure what the temp got to its not showing nothing on the screen i just noticed it was geting really hot siting traffic

·
Chairman of the Board
16,004 Posts
not sure what the temp got to its not showing nothing on the screen i just noticed it was geting really hot siting traffic
Just in case, you know you can use the button on the dash to scroll past the clock and show the temp right? Not tryin to be a jerk but I know your new to the bike and you may not realise that. So if you do this it doesnt read anything?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have an 05 an it sits around 180-200 most of the time......but if temp inst even showing on cluster something is wrong!!! The bikes do get a lil warm in traffic so itll warm the nuggets at times

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my dash is different mine has the clock and right beside it the temp all the button changes is clock ,lap timer and odo,and my temp gage reads blank even when driving but i dont have a fi light on so im lost lol

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,004 Posts
my dash is different mine has the clock and right beside it the temp all the button changes is clock ,lap timer and odo,and my temp gage reads blank even when driving but i dont have a fi light on so im lost lol
MY bad. You are right. Evidently I am the IDIOT who is not familer with his own gauge cluster. Sorry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally i got a temp reading now :) it was the sensor i got one off of ebay and it works great now thanks everyone for the info

1 - 17 of 17 Posts