Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I figured I would run this problem by all of you to see if maybe someone else has come across this issue...its an '07 zx10 btw

I just recently had my bike completely torn down to replace a frame...I never messed with any wiring in the bike accept to just replace the headlight sockets that got damaged in an accident. Since I have now been riding the bike on a little more of a regular basis, I have noticed a little issue with the temperature. Sitting at an idle at the stop light, it seems to me that the gauge is reading accurately... however, when I am on the move, the gauge will read erratically. Example: It will jump from 180 to 192 and back...or sometimes if I was sitting at a long red light, it will jump from 210-223-215 then back...

The coolant system should be full...I have it filled with a little over 3 quarts of distilled water/water wetter mix...And I have tried my best to get any air bubbles out... any ideas?? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
me too! its driving me nuts, ill be crusing and it will go 180 then 187 then 182 then 195 then 180 then 217 the 239 then 200.... wtf is a wire grounding out or the sensor going bad? is there an autometer gauge we can put on it

·
Registered
452 Posts
mine has done this since i got it at around 5900 miles. last year. got 25k on it now. But it is modded a bit, flys out, smog stuff gone, block off plates, cat gutted, dnd slip-ons shortned, custome map, . temp runs in the range of 185-195 while riding no matter what the temp is out side, cali weather, 210-230 while crusing round town/stop an go traffic:dontknow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts