Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story and an attemp to make it short:

Today, I met with three friends to hit some turns. I we made it to one of our local roads, we noticed more then ussual traffic. We continued on, hoping for traffic to clear. This a road is known as "snake road" for obvious reasons. It is about 4 miles long and passing is not allowed. We made it to the bottom, and now it was time to make it back. I was leadng, and traveling below the speed limit trying to give traffic ahead a chance to clear. As we were ready to take off, a guy in a large pick-up truck cut in front of me. He went into oncoming traffic lane to pass. Remember, holding traffic and speeding are illegal, but passing in a no passing zone also is illegal. I waited until we made it to an area which was semi-safe to pass him. As I was passing the truck, the driver moved the truck have way into the oncoming traffic lane, leaving only about four feet of road left and pushing me to the edge. By the way, the edge of the road is dirt with very large trees. I accelerated and passed him, but was so enfuriated that proceded to do a very quick stop in front of the truck and giving the finger (I know, not a smart move). I kept on going until the end of the road and stop on the side, expecting for this guy to stop. At this point I was ready to throw ounches without any talk. Truck pulled to the side, one of my friends stopped behind him, and just as I approached the vehicle ready to fight, this short, fat, old guy comes out screaming. He had to make it to an accident scene where a tractor trailer flipped and we were holding him back. I told him to be [email protected]#$ quiet, what the [email protected]#$ are you thinking, you could have [email protected]#$ killed someone. Of course I did not puch him. Can you imagine the news, "Four motorcycle riders beat old man" Anyways, We kept arguing and I realized we were going nowhere fast. As I stood there, I realized he was in the middle of the road, I grabbed his armed and told him to move to the side of the road because I did not want a [email protected]#$ car to hit him. Guess he though I threaten him because he asked what the [email protected]#$% I just dais to him. I repeated the statement about gettying out of the road beacuse I did not wnat a car to him. THIS [email protected]#ING guy then told me, he had to go to work and did not give a [email protected]#$ if he ran me over. He said was going to do it if I got in front of him. As this point I want o puch his lights out, but can't bring myself to punch the old man. Stupid me, I get in front of the vehicle, he accelerates forward, does not hit me cause I moved slowly out of thw ay. Gave him the look implying, you are a [email protected]#$% idiot. At this point I see there is no use and was moving towards my bike. He called me back to ask me what the [email protected]# is wrong with me, he has to go to work. I replied, you stupid [email protected]#, I try apologizing for holding you back, but you don't have the right to toss the vehicle at anyone, You could have killed me. The guy said, I don't care I got to go to work, got an overturned truck, I run you over. Again, going nowhere fast, I slammed the door with the intent of blowing the window, did not happened. Did not puch the window cause there were too may people in cars lookin (whoaaa, motorcycle outlaws ganging up on the poor old man). I could not hold back, and left a couple of good size dents on the side if his truck.

Title says it all, I know I was out of line, but how f'ed up am I???

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Sorry, But a man, Old man, Woman, Child, Daughter, Son, Uncle, Aunt, Grandma, Grandpa etc. tries to run me off the road intentionally. Someone is going to be eating through a straw. If the story you say is true then I believe you conducted yourself very well atleast alot better than I would have. If someone expresses they do not care about your life and if they end it they are free game. Comming from a Marine Corps Vet 2 combat tours.

Reactions: minichevy

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
at that point I would have taken the blade out and stole the air from his tires and told that ol bastard that he is gonna have to find a safer way to get to work,.and then ride off!!....LMAO

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Sorry, But a man, Old man, Woman, Child, Daughter, Son, Uncle, Aunt, Grandma, Grandpa etc. tries to run me off the road intentionally. Someone is going to be eating through a straw. If the story you say is true then I believe you conducted yourself very well atleast alot better than I would have. If someone expresses they do not care about your life and if they end it they are free game. Comming from a Marine Corps Vet 2 combat tours.
I would have eaten his lunch and trashed his truck.....I know it sounds bad...but WTF? the guy said he wanted to run you over after he tried to run you over! Fuck him and his POS truck! You honestly handled it better than I have. With the threads I read about dumb-ass cagers trying to kill someone...the only thing that would potentially hold me back was knowing it might have been unintentional...but he took that out of the equation! So in conclusion: Fuck him! :headshake

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Like the song says, "It's my story and I'm sticking to it" On a serious note, I tried being as objective as I could. I know i was wrong for holding traffic, but he did not have to do that.
I just could not punch the guy, had he beat me, I would have been beat by an old man. Had I beat him, I would have just beaten an old man. Loose, loose situation. Too many cagers around. What makes this story worst was the woman (or sould I say, [email protected]#$) who stop and threaten to call the cops on us because she saw the whole thing. Did she see him trying to run me off the road, or when he attemped to run me over, no way she saw me flipping the finger, she was about 1/4 of a mile behind us. She did not hear him saying he did not acre and would run over us.

By the way, 19 years US ARMY, one special interest tour (those special things we have to do sometimes, not covered by CNN, two tours CNN war, going back for third vacation in Iraq in two weeks. What for???? To protect the freedom people the United States of America and their right to tell me that they don't care about me, and don't care if they run me over. HOOA!!!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
The way I see it you have witnesses that he admitted to wanting to and trying to run you over. If you got his plate # you could file charges against him. You might have to admit to passing in a no passing zone to tell the truth about what happened, but that is minor to him purposely crossing the line on you.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
The way I see it you have witnesses that he admitted to wanting to and trying to run you over. If you got his plate # you could file charges against him. You might have to admit to passing in a no passing zone to tell the truth about what happened, but that is minor to him purposely crossing the line on you.
true!....terroristic threat!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Well u could have lost ur temper and beat the shit outa him so he is lucky,but u could also end up in shit for that.He is probably the lucky one.I have chased people down before that have fk with me on my bike and in my car twice and im shure they learned their lesson now days most car drivers are idiots and it makes me wonder who gave them a licence. Some people need a wack upside the head.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I had a guy today this morning when I was leaving work at 730am on the highway run me off the road, that was great, I flipped out on him gave him the finger then pulled a wheelie and road off haha. People need to learn how to dirve for real!!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
you should have taken his car keys out of the ignition, rolled up all the windows, tossed his keyes on the seat, locked the doors and make him call AAA to open it up!

that'd give him time to think about his moronic actions while figuring out how to explain why he was late!

...but be safe nonetheless when it comes to stupid drivers. unbelieveable...

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i dont think your fucked up, then again my fuse is too short already so i wouldnt need much provoking to flip out on someone

·
5,932 Posts
Man that would be a long shoot and a half to grab a guys keys from his window and lock the doors and all that, I think by the time you got in the window 90% of most people would freak out on your ass and start swinging or at least here in palm beach most would shot you haha!! Good luck with that......

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
...Well, I thought he said his friends were standing by...

Just thought it'd be the best way to deal with an ol' man in a hurry! heh heh...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I could have done a lot of things, but did not think. Too upset.

·
5,932 Posts
Yeah, man the thing I have seen some guys do, which I'm stating before hand I have never done this but seen it done!! I'm making it clear so No one pulls a bs card on me...But I have seen guys carry fishing weights in there jackets maybe about a 10oz or something, so farley large weights for fishing ect for basically throwing at cars or there windows. Saw it done one time down in ft. lauderdale riding with some guys I didnt know, car ran a guy off the road nexted thing you hear is smash, weight went right threw the back window of the car!! I dont recommend doing this and I never would but its a option........

·
Registered
5 Posts
People like this are why I carry 1/4 inch bal bearings. They won't go through the window but it will make sure they have to replace it MWAH HAHAHAHA. m just evil tho. Very well handled my friend much better than a short angry dwarf like me.

·
Registered
765 Posts
You were both wrong.

1. You were in the wrong by intentionally slowing traffic. The road is not your own private racetrack.

2. He was wrong for trying to run you off the road.

3. You were wrong by stopping in an attempt to escalate the situation.

4. Your story is painful on the eyes to read. Paragraphs and complete sentences are your friend. Use them.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I agree that you were both wrong. I would have been pissed about three bikes going really slow, but wouldn't have passed. I would have been pissed if I was on a bike and somebody passed me in a no passing zone. I would have been pissed if someone pulled over, hoping for me to pull over. I would have been pissed if someone tried to run me off the road. When I was younger, the cops and courts wouldn't have minded if two people pulled over to settle this old school. However, when I was younger (and we did this) the worst case scenario was a little blood or even a broken nose. Nowadays people kill each other in these situations. And, given he was an old guy, he might have pulled a gun and shot all of you (three against one and the age advantage= some simpathy in court). In the end, getting pissed is the normal human response, but fighting in these times tends to lead to way too much time with lawyers, or worse with a dirt nap. Just a few thoughts.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
That was one of those "damned if you do, Damned if you don't" situations right there...but I think you handled it pretty well

1 - 20 of 29 Posts