Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, searched the forums but found very little on data logging from the CAN bus. From Kawasaki:

In preparation for the addition of an aftermarket data logger by amateur and
professional race teams, a CAN coupler is provided inside the cowl.

It looks like Graves has an adapter to connect to a bluetooth OBD2. I'm hoping that will give me:

Tach
Gear
Lean
Lat accel
Vert accel

I'm testing TrackAddict and it will accept OBD2. Here is a video that I would like to get the additonal data projected to.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPERULiVBXRhJdtSRJ8LrDRQMdd_UfChwLBOnU-

I'm open to any suggestions.

Sid

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,981 Posts
No. There was a thread on this. The data isn't available like that and you won't be able to Bluetooth the data real time like you think.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
The Woolich Log Box Pro kit is the way to go. Well, it will be when it launches. Here soon. We have the current Mitsu Log Box Pro but it won't work on the 15+ H2/H2-R and 16+ ZX-10R. There is a lot of cool s*** that will be going in the new Log Boxes... all of which I can't say a thing :p

Alongside being able to log everything bike already does, you can wire in auxiliary sensors into the AD inputs. Your imagination is pretty much the limit with what you can do with them.

Want to monitor front and rear brake pressures independent from one another? Hook up two pressure transducers.
Want to monitor front and rear suspension travel independent from one another? Wire in two linear potentiometers.
Want to monitor GPS, and situational data? Use the 9 Axis DOF addon I've been slowly picking away at :)

Then you can either use that data and import it into our data viewer to view it telemetry wise similar to what you see in the AiM software.

Or else, you can do something like this with Dashware, and import your data logs and overlay the data on top of your GoPro footage:
https://www.facebook.com/WoolichRacing/videos/1110933052272725/
That sounds pretty awesome, hopefully you can get a setup sorted for the 16+ zx10.

The AiM SoloDL will connect via the CAN connector and logs the sensors on the bike, it's also a gps lap timer. The downfall is that additional sensors cannot be used. I haven't had a chance to play with mine yet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Woolich Log Box Pro kit is the way to go. Well, it will be when it launches. Here soon. We have the current Mitsu Log Box Pro but it won't work on the 15+ H2/H2-R and 16+ ZX-10R. There is a lot of cool s*** that will be going in the new Log Boxes... all of which I can't say a thing :p

Alongside being able to log everything bike already does, you can wire in auxiliary sensors into the AD inputs. Your imagination is pretty much the limit with what you can do with them.

Want to monitor front and rear brake pressures independent from one another? Hook up two pressure transducers.
Want to monitor front and rear suspension travel independent from one another? Wire in two linear potentiometers.
Want to monitor GPS, and situational data? Use the 9 Axis DOF addon I've been slowly picking away at :)

Then you can either use that data and import it into our data viewer to view it telemetry wise similar to what you see in the AiM software.

Or else, you can do something like this with Dashware, and import your data logs and overlay the data on top of your GoPro footage:
Exactly what I was looking at. I see it on the Woolich site. Is it not available yet? Is this the right one:

2016-2017 ZX10R
Log Box (Mitsubishi)
+ Zeitronix ZT-3 Wideband Package
This package includes everything you need to start tuning your 2016-2017 Kawasaki ZX10R with our Log Box M v3 and Zeitronix ZT-3 Wideband O2 Sensor.
Log Box M v3
USB Cable
On board 2GB micro SD card
Zeitronix ZT-3 Wideband O2 Controller
Zeitronix Wideband O2 Sensor (3 foot cable)
RJ12 cable to connect Zeitronix to Log Box Pro
Zeitronix Installation Kit (12v relay, wires and connectors, O2 sensor bung etc)
Kawasaki Harness Type 13a
Bin File Definitions in Woolich Racing Tuned Software

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Archer, thanks for the great info. I ordered the Speedangle GMOS JI100 for lean angle. Would the woolich provide the same info.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
A lot of the stuff (not canbus) can be calculated using GPS data and math channels. Some smartphone apps work well with Bluetooth GPS which can operate at 20 Hz, very fast for track-day and amateur use. Also allow overlay and time synch to GoPro or other video. Brake pressure, wheel speed, all the mechanical stuff is awesome to have but more in the realm of advanced analysis. If you have a good smart phone, a GoPro, and a good Bluetooth GPS you can get a pretty good head start and just go from there.

All these data can be determined from just the GPS satellite tracking through math channels.

Acceleration G and Braking G
Corner G and Lean Angle
Total Acceleration
Radius
Trail Braking
Roll Rate
Delta Brake
Mass, Weight and Center of Gravity
Total Weight
Front and Rear Weight

1 - 13 of 13 Posts