Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw his stuff on Ebay and went to his site: http://www.tekarbon.com/store/kawasaki-zx10r-0809-c-30_50.html
He has a good array of cf products. I was looking at the cf undertail. $129 is pretty cheap so I am a little skeptical. I dont want to buy it and then the tail light or passenger seat lock hole dont line up like the Hotbodies undertail. Anyone have any experience with Tekarbon products? Whats the quality of the carbon fiber and fitment?

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,128 Posts
buy it if you dont like it or it doesnt match up try to return it it or open a dispute of it not being as described and u will win the dispute and be fully reimbursed. :thumbsup:
I saw his stuff on Ebay and went to his site: http://www.tekarbon.com/store/kawasaki-zx10r-0809-c-30_50.html
He has a good array of cf products. I was looking at the cf undertail. $129 is pretty cheap so I am a little skeptical. I dont want to buy it and then the tail light or passenger seat lock hole dont line up like the Hotbodies undertail. Anyone have any experience with Tekarbon products? Whats the quality of the carbon fiber and fitment?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,545 Posts
I've had a couple of pieces from Tekarbon on my Gen 2. The quality was pretty good for the price. I was actually pleasantly surprised by it. Go for it.

·
Chairman of the Board
15,998 Posts
I ordered the the front fender side panels, they looked amazing. The problem was they didnt fit at all. Not even close. Good news is the guy refunded my money 100% including shipping, BOTH ways.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I have a couple Tekarbon panels and they are NOT a perfect fit. Tank side panels that are near front of tank have gaps and I had the Tekarbon stock muffler CF pieces and only one panel fit perfect, the other panel I had to epoxy it as the bolt holes didn't line up. Like others have said, If Tekarbons pcs don't fit they WILL buy them back and pay for all shipping. Thay are great to deal with and I would buy from them again as the carbon itself looks GREAT. Their instructions state that some filing of edges or enlarging holes MAY be needed to fit properly.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
You get what you pay for usually. Oppracing bodywork isn't the nicest because it's race bodywork but it's still great stuff depending on your goals. Their cdt carbon for the exotic bike is some of the best I've ever seen. I have akrapovic carbon and that's great too but pricy but worth it if you can stomach the price.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the advice. I'll give Eric at Tekarbon a call. If it doesnt fit, I'll just return it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have a tekarbon undertail and side panels on my gen 3, great product and good fit go for it
Is there anyway you could post a pic of the undertail. I would love to see what it looks like on the bike. Thanks.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Ive bought a few different pieces off him for my gen 3 now, and the most i had to do to make them fit perfectly was drill the holes out slightly larger..
I wouldnt hesitate to buy from him again:thumbsup:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ive bought a few different pieces off him for my gen 3 now, and the most i had to do to make them fit perfectly was drill the holes out slightly larger..
I wouldnt hesitate to buy from him again:thumbsup:

Did You happen to get the cf undertail? I would love to see some pics of the items you got from Tekarbon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i just ordered some intake covers for my 600rr from them. Came pretty quick and looks good .. havent gotten around to the install yet though. I talked with him before about a tail, which they said they can make but im not in a real hurry for it. Might get the front cowl soon though, but was worried about the fit.

I did get a bunch of stuff from Bestem USA ( http://www.bestemusa.com/index.php?cPath=199 or ebay as http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/cruiserbackrest/) for my zx10 ( 2007). They are like 20 mins away from me so i just go down and inspect each piece i buy. A front fender for the 600rr i was going to buy was cracked for about 2-3 inches, so they got another one from the back.

The front fender looks great and went on perfectly. The right side exhaust cover went on perfectly, with the exception that 2 holes were about 1/2 mm off but just kept the screw turning in by hand til it went all the way through. Air intake covers fit well, but the little retainers on the side aren't really long enough. The holes match up and the push retainers work so its stable. I really liked their 07 zx10 stuff ( for what they have). No experience w/ the 08-10 stuff. Prices are pretty good and they have random sales, but they don't really know when or how long the sale lasts. If u look under the specials tab on the website can sometimes find deals. Picked up my stuff for 100$ off. Its probably not the best cf ever, but no real defects and looks good.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,545 Posts
Well, after viewing this thread I went ahead and ordered a couple of the Tekarbon pieces for my Gen 3.

I got the carbon undertail and the nose piece. I'm pretty happen with the way they came out. The finish is very good. Glossy, thick and the carbon weave looks uniform. The fit is above average, but not 100% IMO. There is a slight gap around the undertail edges that if you look hard, you can see the between the sides and the undertail. Not very noticeable from a few feet away or if you're not looking for it. The holes all lined up for the tail light, license plate and rivets which made it easy to put on the bike without modification.

The nose piece is about the same. No flaws in the finish and overall the fitment is pretty good. That piece is a b!ch to get get to and you have to remove the entire front of the bike, including the headlights. The mounting tabs and screw holes all lined up really well and appear to be well reinforced. The only issue with the nose piece I had was the 2 plastic rivets that go through the gauge cover top and into this nose piece. These holes there were off quite a bit. But I cut these tabs off and replaced the rivets into the gauge cover by itself to plug the holes. I don't see any need for these as they aren't structural. The gauge cover is held on by 4 well nuts in the front and the 2 screws above the ram air. It's not going anywhere even without these 2 rivets in place.

Overall I'd give both items a 9.5 out of 10 for finish quality and about an 8 to an 8.5 out of 10 for fitment. The price of each make these pretty attractive and I'd recommend them for sure.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Apologies to OP on this one, but I have to ask...

SkyDork: That is one fine ass looking bike, sharp looking for sure. Where did you get that rider seat though? That piece grabbed my eye immediately.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,545 Posts
SkyDork: That is one fine ass looking bike, sharp looking for sure. Where did you get that rider seat though? That piece grabbed my eye immediately.
Thanks JArnold. The seat is original with just a Luimoto seat cover on it. I put the cover on over the top of the OEM fabric so that it could be removed if needed. It just uses stables like the original one does. It's not any softer than the OEM (cuase the foam and seat pan are reused), but it is a little grippier with the seems and vinyl material used.

I agree with you, I really like how the seat cover tied in the white and green on the fairings and made it flow better.

www.luimoto.com

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is what Im talking about. I was waiting for someone to post pics. Bike looks real good SkyDork. Kili had emailed me a few pics of his undertail and I noticed that the undertail didnt sit real flush with the tail side fairings. There was a gap. I really appreciate the pics. I am looking at getting the nose as well as the rear light cover which i think is actually the center tail fairing piece. I was looking at the service manual and was thinking the nose would be a pain to put on. I guess I was right. Im still thinking about the undertail. How does the taillight line up? Pretty flush?

Well, after viewing this thread I went ahead and ordered a couple of the Tekarbon pieces for my Gen 3.

I got the carbon undertail and the nose piece. I'm pretty happen with the way they came out. The finish is very good. Glossy, thick and the carbon weave looks uniform. The fit is above average, but not 100% IMO. There is a slight gap around the undertail edges that if you look hard, you can see the between the sides and the undertail. Not very noticeable from a few feet away or if you're not looking for it. The holes all lined up for the tail light, license plate and rivets which made it easy to put on the bike without modification.

The nose piece is about the same. No flaws in the finish and overall the fitment is pretty good. That piece is a b!ch to get get to and you have to remove the entire front of the bike, including the headlights. The mounting tabs and screw holes all lined up really well and appear to be well reinforced. The only issue with the nose piece I had was the 2 plastic rivets that go through the gauge cover top and into this nose piece. These holes there were off quite a bit. But I cut these tabs off and replaced the rivets into the gauge cover by itself to plug the holes. I don't see any need for these as they aren't structural. The gauge cover is held on by 4 well nuts in the front and the 2 screws above the ram air. It's not going anywhere even without these 2 rivets in place.

Overall I'd give both items a 9.5 out of 10 for finish quality and about an 8 to an 8.5 out of 10 for fitment. The price of each make these pretty attractive and I'd recommend them for sure.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts