Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Teflon! - Pics added 5/7

So... my boyfriend put a teflon coating on his bike today... This is the stuff they coat on the very expensive airplanes where he works (not the frying pan kind)... To make stuff not stick to it.

This stuff (you are supposed to use it as soon as you mix it) well, he kept it in the fridge for a week with a rubber glove over top of it! to keep it moist).

HOLY SHIT is this stuff awesome! You could slide right off the bike it's so friggin smooth! WOW. I had no idea... It's supposed to sit for 12 hours before buffing (and needless to say he wasn't going to use a buffer on his bike, so he enlisted the help of two of our friends!) No more bugs! Hell, I bet rain would be afraid of this stuff!

WOW. I'll post pics tomorrow in the sun. It's just SIC!!!!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
That would be sweet, had a teflon type coating put on a black car once did real well of making stuff easy to come off!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
i've got american racing teflon coated black wheels on my truck. i can go threw the mud, come out the other side and my wheels look brand new. kinda funny when i get home from huntin and my wheels look like they are new and the rest of the truck looks like it was drug up from the bottom of the lake.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
i...kinda funny when i get home from huntin and my wheels look like they are new and the rest of the truck looks like it was drug up from the bottom of the lake.
Neighbors probably wondered why you stopped to wash only the wheels at the car wash. :lol:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
you know, i thought about this a little more, and teflon seems like the last thing you'd want to put on your bike (other than the headlight area). i mean, a lot of riders spend money making their bike more sticky (stomp grip pads, etc). if my tank was anymore slippery than it is, i dont know how i'd hold onto the bike while leaning over!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
wow im in awe. never thought of that

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Sorry! Had to wait until we got some sun :) And he went around ALL the friggin decals to get the residual off - PITA!!!

But here, you get the idea! (PS. this bike is nigh on impossible to photograph! Black sucks for this!!! :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts