Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide which one to buy for my bike, has anyone used either style? I cant decide which one to buy

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have a full bike view of these installed?

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
I prefer the snakeskin ones. They look good and are functional. Either way you go, you will be pleased.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the snakeskin ones and they do grip well... maybe too well... they are tearing up my new leathers. Would not recommend on the back of the tank. Both styles are a quality product.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I have a sample of that stuff and the snakeskin stuff is pretty thick I thought ... but looks damn good I think Id like to get some stomp grip stuff cause it comes in clear, but not to sure if id like all those bumps on my legs?? to bad techspec cant make something thats clear.... that would be sweet then..

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I was going to get this, but I think it would pull the hair on my legs when I was wearing my shorts.

I kid, the stuff looks good, I would get the first

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Snakeskin here...and I love them. Once you get them you will wonder why you didn't get them sooner. Just my .02

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right on guys. You all are a big help!! Hows the adhesive on these things? They stick pretty good? Or they come loose and start pealing?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bump

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Right on guys. You all are a big help!! Hows the adhesive on these things? They stick pretty good? Or they come loose and start pealing?
No issues with mine as of yet...they stick great. Some have had a hard time with peeling off the adhesive while peeling off the backing...but even if you actually did that, Tech-Spec will make it right for ya.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I have a sample of that stuff and the snakeskin stuff is pretty thick I thought ... but looks damn good I think Id like to get some stomp grip stuff cause it comes in clear, but not to sure if id like all those bumps on my legs?? to bad techspec cant make something thats clear.... that would be sweet then..
The make a skin called "ice" that is clear

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have had my tech spec snake skins for about a year with no issues. When you take the paper off the back you have to take it slow since the adhesive wants to peel back with the paper, especially on the edges. I probably spent 5-10 mins just taking the paper off.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I have had my tech spec snake skins for about a year with no issues. When you take the paper off the back you have to take it slow since the adhesive wants to peel back with the paper, especially on the edges. I probably spent 5-10 mins just taking the paper off.
Just have your GF do it for you...my GF has nails and had them peeled in like 10 seconds here. :wink:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts