Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to allI have a gen 4 with a problem. I de cat the bike then installed a servo buddy a pcv a 2brothers shorty. Heres the problem the bike runs normal in a gears but when i try to push the bike in each gear past the redline it wont go. The bike just wont push past 120mph in 6th gear. There is more throttle to turn but its like iam choking her but if i back off the throttle she keeps runnjng fine just wont push past 120mph. I dont understand why. I also went back and check my work everything is correct. I also took the pcv out and the bike does the same thing. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Get a flash, the U.S. fueling and ignition map is restricted above like 10000 rpm our something like that. Feels like the bike is falling on its face. The flash offered from one of the many vendors here, I personally recommend zx10archer, will get your bike back to what it's supposed to be like, and smoothed out quite a bit.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,753 Posts
Got all the fuel lines hooked up correctly? Sounds like a fueling issue not getting to the upper injectors. Pinched upper fuel line/disconnected upper injectors? You need to take a much closer look at everything under the tank and where and how it's routed as well.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
:::NINJA EDIT::: Skydorks fingers are more skilled than mine

+1 to the flash... mine specifically of course (sorry, shameless self plug there). More info can be found here: http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218786

But it doesn't sound like an issue with the restricted North American ECU... The bike should have no problem passing 120 MPH in sixth gear; restricted ECU or not. My bet is on fuel delivery. Check the main fuel line for the tank. That can get pinched, crimped or bent in a funny angle and cause issues around 10K RPMs when you put the tank back on. Basically the bike is asking for more fuel but due to the line not being straight fuel flow isn't up to snuff and causes hesitation. So next time you take the tank off, pay special notice to the main feed line and it's routing, also pay attention to the hose because it can swivel on the metal line as you lower the tank so it may be moving and you're not even noticing it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all i will check the gas lines iam having the bike dynoed this week end hopefuly it will tell me something.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys wanted to say thanks again. It was a inch in the main fuel line. After a long battle I went back on your advise. Thanks again did 143 in 3rd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts