Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a full Akra Ti race exhaust system.
Problem is the manifold has one sleeve missing. This is the part thats fits over the pipe and is inserted into the exhaust ports on the cylinder head.
Question: What exactly is the material? If I make one, what is a suitable grade / type of metal to use?
Keep in mind this part will be subjected to extreme exhaust temps.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have a full Akra Ti race exhaust system.
Problem is the manifold has one sleeve missing. This is the part thats fits over the pipe and is inserted into the exhaust ports on the cylinder head.
Question: What exactly is the material? If I make one, what is a suitable grade / type of metal to use?
Keep in mind this part will be subjected to extreme exhaust temps.
Have you got a photo of the part ? If we're talking about the same thing have two of those inserts sitting round here, albeit for a ZX7RR. If it's of use, they're yours, but I'm not sure it's the same thing (or necessarily the same size).

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you got a photo of the part ? If we're talking about the same thing have two of those inserts sitting round here, albeit for a ZX7RR. If it's of use, they're yours, but I'm not sure it's the same thing (or necessarily the same size).

Cheers,
Brian
Thanks for the offer. I will get back to you with pics and dimensions.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Thanks for the offer. I will get back to you with pics and dimensions.:thumbsup:
No worries, off to bed here, talk soon.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
798 Posts
409 stainless should be fine
unless you can get ti

·
Registered
724 Posts
Did you get it off Ebay or something ? I'd contact where you bought it from...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts