Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
So in tc 3 you could hear it kidding it quit a bit to prevent wheel spin but did it lift up at all? And how much? Same with 2. And the second to last wheelie you did (the one coming at the camera) was tc off or 1? Just curious. I haven't ever ridden out side of tc5 because I'm still trying to get used to the power of this insane machine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
It is working even when you don't hear or feel it. Cutting power to cylinders is the last stage of control. It is always doing something, retarding the timing while leaned over and so forth.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have noticed the light kick on several times. A few times saving me from unexpected power wheelies, it reacted before I even had a chance to back off the throttle to bring it back down myself. A few at triple digits. This bike is just a beast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My bikes gen4 so only 3 modes of tc.
I havnt tried in 3 or 2 to wheelie because i never use them. They are to intrusive for a rider with my experience in the dry.
1 is ok and i quite often run it in 1.
The only issue i have is it will try stop wheelies in 1 up to certain point in the revs then it will just allow full power and full wheelies.
This can be very scary at times because you can be accelerating hard and the anti wheelie will keep the wheel just off the ground but then it can snap upright and you have to shut off.
It happened when i first test rode a gen4 and it scared me so i brought one lol.
In the video i start in 3 then 2 then 1 then off.
In 2 i think it was actually wheeling a bit past the camera though.
Personally i like no tc on the road where i spend alot more time in 1st a second over bumpy roads where its likely to catch me out. On track i actually liked it in 1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts