1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
allo all

I just install my new taylormade

My questions:
- Does someone goes to track day with this exhaust and ever add problem with noise level?
- Does someone has some problems to make it fit?

Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ray. Im not sure how many racers/trackers use the Taylor made. You probably wont get many responces. Are they loud?

·
Premium Member
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
I've never seen one on a ZX-10, but I have on a couple Gixxer's. They are basically just a fancy exhaust tip and are hella loud. I'd imagine you'd have some noise issues depending on the track you're trying to run. Taylormade doesn't post any dB levels, but I'm sure it's pretty well into the 100's.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ray. Im not sure how many racers/trackers use the Taylor made. You probably wont get many responces. Are they loud?

To be honest, I tought so. Taylor made are expensive, they are not the best ratio pond/hp & the worst price /hp IMHO but I fall for the look....

& if I drop the bike, it should be safe

About the noise level. Here, we are deep in winter so I turn my bike on in the workshop. I is lauder then the original for sure.
I am not how much more...

On taylormade site thet wrote down 104db with db killer.
On Calabougi trak web site they wrote down 90 db.

BUT I know that if the readings are not taken the same way, resolt wont be the same.

This is why I am asking here.

Thanks again
Ray

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My taylormade on my Gixxer was a pain to get it to line up evenly. It don't fit perfectly.
I had to remove about an 1/8" fron the collector & probably an other 1/8" would have done a better job.

I called taylormade, they give me somes hints how to make it fit but after 2 hours, I ginded, then reinstall : took 15 miniutes....

The connector is simply too long.
The rest is perfect, very high quality product.

My only concern now is, is this part will start to rust now...

·
Registered
926 Posts
Taylormade makes a db killer insert. Give it a shot at your local track and toss in the db killer if it's too loud without it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know, I know, ....I should those questions BEFORE!!!!!

I've never seen one on a ZX-10, but I have on a couple Gixxer's. They are basically just a fancy exhaust tip and are hella loud. I'd imagine you'd have some noise issues depending on the track you're trying to run. Taylormade doesn't post any dB levels, but I'm sure it's pretty well into the 100's.
from taylormade web site
Sound Level: with/without DB Killer104/106dB @ 6,000 RPM

What is the "normal level" for a track?
(I know, I know, ....I should those questions BEFORE!!!!!)

·
Premium Member
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
from taylormade web site
Sound Level: with/without DB Killer104/106dB @ 6,000 RPM

What is the "normal level" for a track?
(I know, I know, ....I should those questions BEFORE!!!!!)
The limits are set by the tracks themselves and they are different. It's based on the location and what surrounds the track. JenningsGP in FL has a 104dB limit. They do have a sound meter at start finish to monitor the bikes. Some places like Laguna Seca have like a 92dB limit (basically stock exhaust levels). You'll need to check with the specific track to see what they will allow.

And I'm betting the Taylormade won't be allowed at many tracks unless there is no limit. You'll note that the levels shown above are only at 6,000rpm. The exhaust will most likely be up or above 110dB at redline. Well above the limit for somewhere like Jennings.

·
Registered
526 Posts
allo all

I just install my new taylormade

My questions:
- Does someone goes to track day with this exhaust and ever add problem with noise level?
- Does someone has some problems to make it fit?

Thanks
Ray
I have it, yes it was pricey, but I've always wanted an exhaust that you can't see. It looks super clean and I love it!

Fitment wasn't perfect and the outlet of the pipe is not exactly in the center of the hole on the carbon pieces that come with the exhaust. I've tried cutting down the pipe that connects to the header and still not enough because the oil pan is in the way. I probably could have used a hammer and beat the can in a little, but didn't want to mess it up.

The sound of the exhaust, someone mentioned its just a dumb pipe and sounds loud as hell, STFU! The sound is a nice deep tone without the annoying BUZZZZ at high RPM, so I don't think you need a silencer or filter of any sort.

I'be been to the track, NJMP with this exhaust last year with no problems, I'm not sure what their decibel limits are if any at all.

Here's a few pics - Ignore the ugly vinyl on the wheels in one of the pics and ignore the retard in the pics. :)
You can clearly see the Taylor Made from all angles here.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have it, yes it was pricey, but I've always wanted an exhaust that you can't see. It looks super clean and I love it!

Fitment wasn't perfect and the outlet of the pipe is not exactly in the center of the hole on the carbon pieces that come with the exhaust. I've tried cutting down the pipe that connects to the header and still not enough because the oil pan is in the way. I probably could have used a hammer and beat the can in a little, but didn't want to mess it up.

The sound of the exhaust, someone mentioned its just a dumb pipe and sounds loud as hell, STFU! The sound is a nice deep tone without the annoying BUZZZZ at high RPM, so I don't think you need a silencer or filter of any sort.

I'be been to the track, NJMP with this exhaust last year with no problems, I'm not sure what their decibel limits are if any at all.

Here's a few pics - Ignore the ugly vinyl on the wheels in one of the pics and ignore the retard in the pics. :)
You can clearly see the Taylor Made from all angles here.

Thanks here is mine, ready for summer.
street mode on this picture.
I have to remove all stikers & make it all black & my kids or looking for a "batman" print...

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts

Thanks here is mine, ready for summer.
street mode on this picture.
I have to remove all stikers & make it all black & my kids or looking for a "batman" print...
I know removing the stickers is appealing to plenty of folks in the purpose of making the bike look cleaner, but I feel like when I go to sell or buy its always an issue. For instance, you know those adds where the description reads "custom paint job"? Well, to me it reads "crashed and repainted". Same with selling one without stickers, since Kawasaki is in the practice of selling plastics and stickers separately, it seems like there may have been a crash/rebuild.

Of course its your preference and maybe you don't care about sale, just saying.

But I definitely like the way it looks. If you want to make the tail cleaner, get the EU turn signals. I have no clue as to the idiocy of the US rules with the rear turn signals. Took them years to allow integrated turn signals in the front...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I know removing the stickers is appealing to plenty of folks in the purpose of making the bike look cleaner, but I feel like when I go to sell or buy its always an issue. For instance, you know those adds where the description reads "custom paint job"? Well, to me it reads "crashed and repainted". Same with selling one without stickers, since Kawasaki is in the practice of selling plastics and stickers separately, it seems like there may have been a crash/rebuild.

Of course its your preference and maybe you don't care about sale, just saying.

But I definitely like the way it looks.
Thanks, kids like it

honestly, I am 50 & I bought this bike because his limites are way over mine... so selling the bike is not planned for many years ahead & when I will sell it it will be well beated with a lot of track days & the price should not be an issues (will be very low).

Anyway, I am more concern that I may have to bring my stock exhanse with me when I am going to track day....

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thanks, kids like it

honestly, I am 50 & I bought this bike because his limites are way over mine... so selling the bike is not planned for many years ahead & when I will sell it it will be well beated with a lot of track days & the price should not be an issues (will be very low).

Anyway, I am more concern that I may have to bring my stock exhanse with me when I am going to track day....
Why don't you call/contact the track and see if they have limits set? Personally, I would just rudely go there and ride, if i get stopped, I'll just complain that these things should be well advised ahead of time to all riders in big bold test. Additionally, I'd probably argue that this is a track, not local street and if I'm paying for this, I should be able to make as much noise and smell as I please. That's just me, but I'm an asshole.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Every trackday or race I have been in is very upfront with what, if any, decibel limits are on the bikes. If there were any, the day before everyone had to pass testing and pass certification for being under their limit prior to completing our tech inspection.

If you have any questions its usually a good choice to call the track or at least the organizer of the track day.

I run a M4 GP exhaust and know with the stock baffle I wasn't able to pass cert at any track I was on that had a dB limit.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.