Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Sounds alright, not ear piercing like I thought it would be.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Necromancing the thread. Why is there still not a taylor made for ZX10R? :( The exhaust part is easy, but the making a cowl and mounting bracket is different, it requires more effort :mad:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I spoke with Taylor made people at Indianapolis in 2009. They said they couldnt get it to work. They tried multiple ways blah blah.
I told them I was very dissapointed..

·
Registered
393 Posts
I just emailed them again. When I inquired about 6 months ago, they said there open for bike recommendations. See what they respond back with.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,549 Posts
The Taylormade exhausts are junk anyways. Be thankful that they don't make them for the ZX-10's.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Still looking for a bike to bring to our shop. L I have saved your contact details, for when there is news.

Sincerely,

Kristi Burke

Sales/Business Manager

TaylorMade Racing Inc

7712 Gloria Ave #3

Van Nuys CA 91408

818 781 8123

I don't know if that is just a load of:bs: or what. I really like the look and not really concerned with performance all that much.

·
Registered
219 Posts
There was a guy with a GSX-R1000 that was fitted with the first one they made for it and it looked badass and was loud. I would say a tad bit louder than the M4 GP. We have ran both the M4 and the Taylormade on the dyno.

I recently saw the exhaust again and I have to say that the build quality of the "carbon fiber" cover is questionable. The piece doesn't look as good as it did less than a year ago and it doesn't seem to be holding up very well overall.

I still like the looks but would stay away from it if it was available due to quality.

·
Registered
393 Posts
ok you guys made your point. I really liked they way my akrapovic looked and sounded my 06 636, but its just so damn expensive for the slip on, and the link pipe. Prolly will just wait till next year and buy the full system. Thanks for the advice.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,516 Posts
I rode my ex's 08 gsxr750 with taylor made exhaust and hated it, it was so loud and the bike didn't have much bottom end power wise, when she rode it it wasn't that loud.

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Fred

The ZX-10 is not currently on our production list. Maybe mid-year.

Regards,

Elana Scherr

TaylorMade Racing
7712 Gloria Ave # 3
Van Nuys
CA 91406

818 781 8123

www.racetaylormade.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln1k-CrvJyI&feature=related

:(
for 800.00 average slipon it better be alot louder ..FYI the 06 GSXR 750 will fit under the 10r 06-07 with minor tweaking .. Of course you would need the GEN1 header ....I took mine off and it really looked like it would fit .I just dont like how they sound ..I have one on my GSXR 750 and that fucker was 800.00 ..JUST THE SLIPON.. only gained 5 HP with TRE, Top speed limiter removed, BMC Race Filter, PAIIR Mod (Air Box Block Off Basically), Set Valve(Exhaust Butterfly Delete), Bazzaz ZFi , Bazzaz ZFi AFM (Autotune), Bazzaz Quick Shift Module Push type ECU programmed cut offs

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
The Taylormade exhausts are junk anyways. Be thankful that they don't make them for the ZX-10's.
Yezzir they sure are ....Expensive and don't perform .. If a guy had one with extra time you coulld make it work ..Take their muffer ..cut off the tip. use their fiber trim and install a Akro in its place and your good to go!!!:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts