Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, time to do my taxes. Single. no kids or wife to write off. house paid off. instead of using 1040ez form. this year. they sent me a new form for people like me.

1040screwed. :eyecrazy:

·
.net Most Followed Member
8,795 Posts
rocketracermike said:
well, time to do my taxes. Single. no kids or wife to write off. house paid off. instead of using 1040ez form. this year. they sent me a new form for people like me.

1040screwed. :eyecrazy:
crap...same here too, january sucks....and same situation as u!!!
crap im gonna get robbed again....lol:badteeth:

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I got audited for 2004 and AMT tax 2005, this year I get $93 back after paying every deduction possible, single men get forked big time.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
See I dont know how you all always get screwed. Before I was married I always got anywhere from $1000 to $2000 back on my taxes with my income being in the under $40k area.

We got almost $2700 back our first year being married, then got $0 last year as my wifes company had taxed her checks wrong and had it not been for our house and the interest deduction we would of have owed.

I am hoping to get about $3000-$5000 back this year.

·
.net Most Followed Member
8,795 Posts
sneaky said:
See I dont know how you all always get screwed. Before I was married I always got anywhere from $1000 to $2000 back on my taxes with my income being in the under $40k area.

We got almost $2700 back our first year being married, then got $0 last year as my wifes company had taxed her checks wrong and had it not been for our house and the interest deduction we would of have owed.

:eyecrazy: damn my life sucks!!!v::rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
sneaky said:

thats like last year for me i got back around $3500...i am single w/ no kids or house...when i file this year i will see how much it will be

·
Registered
777 Posts
If you want a lot back, just have more withheld. Married ppl get the "marriage penalty" (although it's being phased out finally). Any parent will tell you that kids cost a hell of a lot more than you get back in your taxes. What you want to look at is your effective tax rate. Anything over 30% and you need to sit down with a good CPA to do better planning.

I've got mine figured to +/- $100 - I'm happier earning interest on my money rather than letting the govt do it.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
shelter your money. slap as much as possible into 401K, flexible spending accts, Roth IRA, itemize and deduct all your sales taxes for the year, "work lunches",.....

I though I was screwed this year too. Thanks to buying the 999R, ZX14, and a FX35 this year I'm getting $$$ back! Woot!!

Lesson learned... BUY MORE TOYS!!

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
i am single and with one dependent that my ex let me claim this year ( one of our 2 daughters). i am getting back a total of $47.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i been hit by the irs and those fuckers made my life hell. in the end. my lawyer prove that they owe me money. Now. I have them take a nice chunk out out of my check. irs are a bunch of prickes. they won't listen. you are guilty no matter what.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts