Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I spent almost all my tax return on the racebike.. the 10 got a new set of bodywork from Hotbodies, Ohlins fully set-up rear shock from Dan Kyle Racing, PCIII, Vortex rearsets in black and soon Ohlins 25mm Cartridge kit for the forks. That's it for now.. the rest is on Daytona Speedway!

·
Registered
937 Posts
racrx451 said:
so I spent almost all my tax return on the racebike.. the 10 got a new set of bodywork from Hotbodies, Ohlins fully set-up rear shock from Dan Kyle Racing, PCIII, Vortex rearsets in black and soon Ohlins 25mm Cartridge kit for the forks. That's it for now.. the rest is on Daytona Speedway!

nice investment.... :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Black Death 04 said:
was the hot body kit a quality product or did you have to do a fair amount of customizing?
i haven't got it yet, but the bike did have hotbodies on it b4 and it seemed to fit very well. I mean, that is the only thing that company makes is bodywork so it better fit like a glove! Especially if they have a whole race team in AMA.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with my job, we get to "write off" quite a bit for expenses. We get a "per diem" everyday we are gone from home which is like 280 days a year. That's $41 a day! It sucks being gone from home that much but I like the return!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i go to h&r block.. you can get your federal on a card. I got my taxes done and all my federal on a mastercard (like a debit card) for $200. All in the same day!!!! too bad it's almost gone.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Racrx451, what do you do for a job? I work construction and I have to travel also, but they told me I had to have receipts for away from home expenses. Can you just claim the max per deim every day? I have a buddy who also worked construction and his cpa let him claim the $41 per day with out receipts. Maybe I should go to a different H&R Block.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
speedfreak said:
Racrx451, what do you do for a job? I work construction and I have to travel also, but they told me I had to have receipts for away from home expenses. Can you just claim the max per deim every day? I have a buddy who also worked construction and his cpa let him claim the $41 per day with out receipts. Maybe I should go to a different H&R Block.

i work for the railroad as an engineer. we get $41 a day every time we leave the house. I don't see why you couldn't claim it... I don't show anything. I do keep a log book for the trips I take ie: train id and who I work with but I don't show the tax person that. I just say I worked 280 days last year.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i should also say that I stay in a different location when I leave. Im usually gone from home for 36 hours. it's broken down into quarters of the day.. 0001 to 0600, 0601 to 1200, 1201 to 1800 and 1801 to midnight. if I go to work at 2200, I get $12.50 for that quarter and every quarter till I get home. make sense? I think for '07 they are just going to do straight days instead of quarters. So if I would have gone to work at that same time, i would get $43 (think it's going up) for that day and everyday till I get home. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I ordered this......
[/IMG]
Plus got a full Muzzy exhaust for the 14 and taking the g/f to Vegas this weekend for George Strait:badteeth: What Happens in Vegas,gets put on the internet!!!!!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Woot, did ours tonight thru turbo tax and we are getting almost $6000 back.

Paying off my AR-15, tires on my car and my credit card and should still have some left over.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts