Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much is the normal T&T. i live in chicago and i bought a 08 zx10r and out the door with T&T, it was 10,700. payment of 230 a month with zero down. I knew the owners of the dealership and my father in law has bought over 20 bikes from him so i tursted him when he said he was givening it to me for 100.00 more then he got it for. any thoughts? Thanks

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
State sales tax plus paper work cost.

What is state sales tax for illinios? 7% sales tax in Indiana plus $350.00 for title and transfer paperwork.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
$10,700.00-$350.00=$10,350.00
Now deduct state sales tax from $10,350.00
And you get the round about ball park figure what you paid for that bike.
Then you have to figure in you percentage rate at how many years,theres you price.
$230.00 x 48 = $11,040.00

·
Registered
813 Posts
I think that a good deal on an 08 would be right around $8,000, at most $8,500 (the 2010's will be shipping soon and the selling season is pretty much over). If you add 10% for tax (to the $8,500), you are at $9,350. Then add a few hundred for for title paperwork, and you are at about $9,600. So, I would say they gave you a mediocre deal. But, this is just one opinion, from one monkey waiting for the laundry to get done.............

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
WOW 10k for an 08 bike in mid Sept? Sorry, that family friend needs to NOT come over for anymore family gatherings.

I've seen them as low as 8700 OTD in Ohio area.

And to think if you decided that you had to or wanted to sell it 2 months down the road, you would get a SOLID 7,500, I've seen some resale go as low as 6,100.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should of told everybody i bought it in July. I guess the only good thing is that when i take it in they just charge me parts and not labor. Thanks everybody. Know i'm wondering if i should tell me wife that her family guy got the best of us or just not get into a fight and just don't buy a bike from him again. Hope everybody get outs today for a nice ride.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I agree with the above...You got a mediocre deal and I would not buy from them again. Looks like you over paid by about 2k. You should have done your homework before buying. Leave them off the Christmas card list

·
Registered
463 Posts
I agree with the above...You got a mediocre deal and I would not buy from them again. Looks like you over paid by about 2k. You should have done your homework before buying. Leave them off the Christmas card list
wow. no doubt this bike is extremely over priced. you could buy a used 08 for dirt cheap. that bike you just bought is now worht 7500 at best.

·
Registered
609 Posts
A agree you paid about 2k too much. Many dealers charge several hundred for document fees. This is also a complete rip off. Actual title fees vary from state to state, but were $38 here when I purchased my last bike.

Sorry, but how can you buy a bike and not know what you paid for it. That alone should have sent red flags waving in your mind.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I was told from a dealer that their (dealer) price they pay for a 08 10R is $9731 and a 09 is $10,300.. at this time... now some dealers will get better prices since they buy more bikes from Kawi and or sell alot of other bikes bigger dealerships usually give better prices but dont always give better customer service and whatnot... so its always one thing or the other. pay a little more and know you will be taken care of or pay a little less and get treated like crap and get no good service...

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Where did you pick this bike up ...ChicagoCycle? That place is full of vultures!

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Ahh gotcha

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
How much is the normal T&T. i live in chicago and i bought a 08 zx10r and out the door with T&T, it was 10,700. payment of 230 a month with zero down. I knew the owners of the dealership and my father in law has bought over 20 bikes from him so i tursted him when he said he was givening it to me for 100.00 more then he got it for. any thoughts? Thanks
Tax and title is different in every state - why ask a public forum of people who most likely will be ill-informed on the subject. Just because some guy in Oregon got his bike for $X out the door, doesn't mean anyone else would.

$10,700.00-$350.00=$10,350.00
Now deduct state sales tax from $10,350.00
And you get the round about ball park figure what you paid for that bike.
Then you have to figure in you percentage rate at how many years,theres you price.
$230.00 x 48 = $11,040.00
You're right, the effective cost is actually what your payment is times the number of payments plus any down payment. However, this more often than not has less to do with the dealer and more to do with the buyer. Their credit, term, and down.

I think that a good deal on an 08 would be right around $8,000, at most $8,500 (the 2010's will be shipping soon and the selling season is pretty much over). If you add 10% for tax (to the $8,500), you are at $9,350. Then add a few hundred for for title paperwork, and you are at about $9,600. So, I would say they gave you a mediocre deal. But, this is just one opinion, from one monkey waiting for the laundry to get done.............
2010 Kawasaki's have not been released for order yet - much less "about to ship." Why do all of you think this shit is free? $8500 even before tax is a losing proposition for most dealers, there are a couple exceptions I will point out below.

you got raped. there were a bunch in the area going for 9k otd, some even less.
Every person has their own definition of OTD. I can't tell you how many people tell me I got thus and such for thus and such "out the door." Oh, but then I went back to my state and paid tax and tabs. WTF - people amaze me.

Not knowing the sales tax rate, I have no idea, nor do you.

wow. no doubt this bike is extremely over priced. you could buy a used 08 for dirt cheap. that bike you just bought is now worht 7500 at best.
I would say the opposite, of course I come from a state where we pay nearly 9% sales tax on both new and used motorcycles.

A agree you paid about 2k too much. Many dealers charge several hundred for document fees. This is also a complete rip off. Actual title fees vary from state to state, but were $38 here when I purchased my last bike.

Sorry, but how can you buy a bike and not know what you paid for it. That alone should have sent red flags waving in your mind.
Each state has limitations on what a dealer can charge for a "Documentary Service Fee." In WA, it's now $150. In Idaho, it's now $300. If it were up to me, every deal would have a $150 doc fee on it to start, and it can decrease from there.

I was told from a dealer that their (dealer) price they pay for a 08 10R is $9731 and a 09 is $10,300.. at this time... now some dealers will get better prices since they buy more bikes from Kawi and or sell alot of other bikes bigger dealerships usually give better prices but dont always give better customer service and whatnot... so its always one thing or the other. pay a little more and know you will be taken care of or pay a little less and get treated like crap and get no good service...
All Kawasaki dealers pay the same amount for a given bike that they buy from the manufacturer. Where Kawi can show preference is in allocations (how many of a given bike you can get) and availability (when you get what you order). Everything else has very little to do with the actual sale of motorcycles. This isn't the car biz where there are (or may not be, since I'm not in the car biz) annual volume-based kick-backs. How a dealer may have a bike at a lower price is buying new auction bikes from dealers shutting down, factory clearance auctions, or if a dealer is in the process of going out of business themselves, sometimes the flooring company will reduce what they owe per unit. In today's market, you will see a lot of re-po'd units for sale back of invoice, because they were bought back of invoice, but there are only so many of these bikes to be had.

In summation - grab your bill of sale, find the final number, subtract state fees and sales tax, and that's what you paid. Furthermore, there will ALWAYS be someone that got a better deal than you. Period. Just be happy with what you got and know that there are a lot of people who paid more than you. It's the secret to happiness, being happy with what you have.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
You guys need to realize the market is different all over the place with these bikes first off. One will have one for $9000 then you drive 100 miles away and there's another bike in the same color sitting there for $10500!! Just depends, I bought my 2009 zx10r in dec. 08 for 11000 out the door with everything which I feel is a good price. On top of I had the first 09 in my county and 3rd in south florida!! so if it was 11 out the door if I remember right it was 9200-9300 then about 1500 added for all the bullshit stealership costs. But please enlighten me if I paid to much regardless.

I could care less cause its paid for and its mine bitches

1 - 19 of 19 Posts