Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know the general answer is 12.8-13.4 but... does a stock engine gen4 happier on the rich or the lean side of things at wot?

Anyone with actual dyno and or track expirience. Right now I'm targeting 13.2 up to about 9 or 10k then I'm shooting for 13.0. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks guys

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,980 Posts
Not sure where you got your "general answer", but the going consensus on this around here is that most ZX-10s like 13.4 - 13.7 AFR across the board. I'd say you're pretty rich with the settings you have.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'd be surprised. Okay, I'll try it that way and see how she feels. Thanks buddy

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Have mine around 13 And makes same power as 13.5 on the dyno And here we run wot for long straights 150 mph+ for long time

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Against my better judgement, I'll jump in here....

I've found better outright performance at richer AFR's on a few motors. I had a 13:0 map NA, and a 12.5:1 map for a dry shot on my second gen. Running the 12:5 map with NO NITROUS I would see a consistent 1-2 mph improvement when doing back-to-back runs with the 13:0 map. While that's not the same motor in your case, the only way you're going to know is through quantitative testing.... i.e. load up a couple maps and go test them at the track. :) While dynos are great, they are still a backseat to actual pavement performance under measured conditions. If you're not going to measure it/use it that way, then don't bother worrying about the difference between 12.8 to 13.5... just tune it for best transitional feel and economy.

All that said, as lean as you can get it and still get the performance you want is generally the way to go. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts