Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to get this shit off? Tar has left a black stain, ive tried alcohol, kerosene, paint thinner.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
if the pipe has been heated up after the stain I think its there unless you sand it off and remove metal with it, its kinda like its baked in the pipe.. I have some spots on my pipe from something that drops out of a tree that are tiny that got baked in my pipe... good luck with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Colemans camping fuel

Colemans camping fuel is what i use to clean road grime off my ride seem to work on everything ive come across as with any cleanner dont let it sit long and work it in small areas first i use it to clean my undertail which is painted and it has not hurt it all

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
if the pipe has been heated up after the stain i think its there unless you sand it off and remove metal with it, its kinda like its baked in the pipe.. I have some spots on my pipe from something that drops out of a tree that are tiny that got baked in my pipe... Good luck with it.
:+1:

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
might have to use the camp fuel along with a mild scotchbrite pad also!.....just make sure to go WITH the grain of the brushed TI......or in one direction only!.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Anyone know how to get this shit off? Tar has left a black stain, ive tried alcohol, kerosene, paint thinner.
clean motor oil (unused), a rag, and elbow grease will take most of the tar off. However, a discoloration is very difficult to remove from exhaust without sanding. You could try fine emory cloth as well for finishing once the spot is mostly clean.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will give these a shot, thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts