Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of u guys had to hav your tappets adjusted from new? I'm a mobile plant mechanic by trade, not a motorcycle mechanic but from what i understand the 10 has a bucket over shim set up which makes me think that they should be sweet unless if kawasaki cant put the right size shims in from new. Anyway my bike has been slightly noisy since new (i only have 1950kms on clock) whenever the bike is warm. Its quiet when cool but after and durin a ride when shes been workin a bit, theres a slight noise there and it sounds like tappets to me. Other blokes from my work think it could be also but we r all unsure. I took it to my dealer and he 1st tried to tell me its the noise the cat converter makes in the standard muffler. I now have a aftermarket muffler and the noise is stil there its only a slight noise but albeit its stil there. The dealer then told me that it was loose "metal" in the engine from new (how great) coz they wouldnt let me change my oil til 1000kms. So i got my oil and filter done at 1000kms by my dealer ( we get 1st free service here) then the noise went away for say 200kms (coulda been me just ridin it soft) then I started hearin it again. I could just be paranoid but i was wonderin if any 1 out theres had the same experience. The only other thing i can think of is that the dealer uses crap oil and its breakin down and hence the noise. Also any 1 had any exhaust leaks or loose clamps/flanges from new? My bikes only 6wks old.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Some of those descriptions yuo've been told seem abit odd to me, the motor is noisy no doubt about it, but I hav'nt had any probs with it. I read somewhere here one cause probably due to having thinner engine cases, the crap oil(thin) could also be a cause.:dontknow:

Would'nt lose any sleep over it anyway, sounds alot better when on full throttle.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
i think it is the cam profile. it is very radical. try putting in a aftermarkt computer. mine has that noise, i have always thought it was the lift of the cam. remember we have a 1000cc engine making 160 horses stock, it has to be radical.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
i think its time to give up your bike to me

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
glad to hear im worryin bout nothin, i'l just hav to keep it flat out coz then she just sounds awesome.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Tappets?:dontknow:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Older Guy said:
Sell it and buy a Honda...they don't make noise...boring, too...
if you are refering to the 1000RR...it makes tons of noise.

i ride one and admittedly it is very civilized until you push it hard into a sweeper and realize how fast youre goin. thats where it shines.

the kaw cant match the refinement of the honda...with that being said...
the honda cant match the brute power of the kaw.

i love both and plan on getting a 10R next year to keep my RR company in the garage.

im no kawi expert but from the 10s on the street that ive heard...they are seriously evil sounding monsters. all i hear is gear whine that makes me turn and say damn...cant wait for mine.

oh and whats up...new round here.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Welcome literr. Fuggin evil monsters they are. Makes dem poor lil RR's shiver they do! A Kaw and a honda living side by side? Sheeeeit!! Your garage is in for trouble. My 10 and my CR250 get in rumbles every night keeping me sleepless. Damn kids just don't wanna get along. And the mess afterward.... geeez

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Welcome literr

Nice to hear you'll own both nasty bikes. Not many people have the opportunity to own multiple bikes especially of the same category.
My one and only experience on a CBR was about 40min and while brief i did manage to get a feel for the seemless power delivery, smooth shifting and stability it provides.

BD

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Tappets?:dontknow:
:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Welcome literr! I hope you get used to your 1000rr so you can tell us how much The 10 blows its socks off when you get it! :wink:

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Welcome literr! I hope you get used to your 100rr so you can tell us how much The 10 blows its socks off when you get it! :wink:

:thumbsup:
Well i hope to shout the 10r would beat a 100rr!! or is thats the other way around?

BD

1 - 20 of 33 Posts