Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I recently purchased a complete tank to use on my racing bike. The problem is, there is no key to get the filler cap open. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this off as I want to replace it with a racing cap? I took the bolts off but the fact that it is locked prevents me from pulling it off. I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
you might be able to drill the lock out if you are gonna be using a race type filler cap(screw in type)........otherwise i would say to go to a locksmith!.he should be able to pick the lock open...and it probably won't cost a whole lot of$$
I know the tool companies...SNAPON,MAC,MATCO!.......sell pick sets for under 70 bucks.but you might be better off goin to the locksmith! good luck!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
An eperienced lock smith can cut a key for it no problem, he will just measure and cut the key on the spot. But if it were me I would use a screwdriver and hammer, then buy new lock.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
watch the sparks coming off of the srewdriver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol.........it's the fumes that blow........not the liquid!!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
an empty tank is worse than a full one!!!!..........kaboom!!!!!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
if you do.........let it sit out in the sun for a day to make sure ALL fumes are evaped!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
afskypilot, PM sent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts