Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the lack of storage space on my bike I need somewhere to put my wallet etc. I'm also a bit wary of scratches, since they are impossible to remove from matte paint. So one of those tank bags that clip onto the fuel cap seems the way to go. But I've tried the Givi ST602 and my chest leans right against it and it restricts my movement. So it has to go back to the store. Shame, because it's quite a nice little bag.

Has anyone tried any other brands or models? The ST602 seems to project back about 70mm back from the back edge of the fuel cap ring, which is a fair way. I'm hoping something that is set further forward might avoid the problem. The SW-Motech bags look good, but I can only get them over the net, which will be a pain if it doesn't fit (plus you have to drill the bottom of the bag to fit it).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm surprised no-one has tried tank bags on the ZX-10R. It's kind of lacking for storage. Anyway, I've bought the SW-Motech Micro EVO and can confirm this works much better than the Givi I had. It's a very small bag, but will take your wallet, phone, house keys and whatever you'd probably normally have in your pockets.

·
The Pace
7,162 Posts
Tank bags don't work for a sport bike; any sport bike. We're on the tank; but if you have to use a tank bag, I think any tour bag will work as they use mags. Tail bag is an option. Saddle bags, too; but not sure of any.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I use a tailbag on mine. Plenty of room for wallet, tire repair, rain jacket, etc.. I couldn't deal with a tank bag on this bike, my KLR is a different story :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
You could use a Tank lock bag that does touch your tank at all. I still dont like it and I had one on my R1 and the tank ring worked on my Ducati as well for daily to pack lunch. For long rides I still like my Kriega dry bags. I had a US10 on the 2008 R1 and on my Ducati.

SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection QUICK-LOCK EVO Micro Non-Electric Tank Bag | 2.5-5 Liter | TwistedThrottle.com

The US10 is kinda big for the ZX10R seat.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kriega-us-10-drypack

I'm going to order a Kriega Overlander-S OS-6 Drypack since it's matter and 6Liter would be enough space for me.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kriega-overlander-s-os-6-drypack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts