Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the itch for a new to me bike.

was looking at the new super duke 1290 but not sure if ill be happy with all the wind on the freeway. I like that its keyless and can bluetooth nav to the display.

then the 1299 s caught my eye. super sexy bike and yea...

im all ears if you have anything to say.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Hmmm where to begin...

Italian = LOVE / HATE relationship. Do some serious research and watch review and long term vids on youtube. I'm on my 4th Italian. 3 Ducs and the Aprilia RSV4. All had their issues. Mostly, the Hypermotards (older air cooled 1100's) are trouble free. The Monster 1200S had rear brake issues, which is common on Italian bikes running the Brembo rear caliper. Not every line of bike, but several have issue holding pressure. There is a potential class action suit against Ducati for the Monsters rear brake. The Aprilia had issues itself. The rear wheel and swingarm were not aligned properly with the frame. It tracked crooked. I fixed it with shimming in the rear sprocket carrier and a little testing. I will not buy another Aprilia. My Monster came from the factory with a crooked sub frame. Replaced under warranty. It's rear brake sucked. Lost pressure, basically over night. The routing of the rear brake line, from the factory runs it right next to the exhaust. Piss poor design. Sad considering the Monster 1200S is one of the most wicked bikes I've ever owned/ ridden.

Anyway, The Panigale. Such a great bike, but has a checkered past of issues. Fail to start, mirrors falling off etc. Overall I think it's a fine bike, but I was in the market for a 1299S myself and I simply watched too many owner videos with problems. Some are mostly trouble free, some are complete lemons. It's a crap shoot man. Keep that in mind. Saying that, the Pani is the sexiest beast alive, IMHO. Ducati just ran 0% for 60, but I think it expired May 31st.

·
Registered
456 Posts
zx10 gen 5 over that lol

Reactions: ddipaola

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts

was looking at the new super duke 1290 but...
BUT NOTHING! The SD is an AMAZING bike. I recently picked up an FZ09 (because an SD was double the price) and naked bikes are life man. Once you hop on one you'll struggle to adjust back to a sportbike. It's a night and day difference in terms of torque, enjoyment, ergo, and handling. Honestly, just hop on one and ride... you wont regret it!

My all time fav naked is the Brutale Dragster though. I've NEVER seen one in real life. They're rare as all hell. Worth a look if you're going down the euro route.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I will buy a Duc if I'm too old to rev a Japanese bike or have probem with sex or chick factor.
My frend bought a V4 and I'm a littel affraid to test ride it...to find out I'm getting old too.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
BUT NOTHING! The SD is an AMAZING bike. I recently picked up an FZ09 (because an SD was double the price) and naked bikes are life man. Once you hop on one you'll struggle to adjust back to a sportbike. It's a night and day difference in terms of torque, enjoyment, ergo, and handling. Honestly, just hop on one and ride... you wont regret it!

My all time fav naked is the Brutale Dragster though. I've NEVER seen one in real life. They're rare as all hell. Worth a look if you're going down the euro route.

Agree the Dragster is money! But, the bike is small. Don't be 6' tall and expect to ride one. Brutale's are built for 5'5 short Italians!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dragster definitely looks good, but i want a little more torque. im following up on a used 1299, hopefully i will have it secured by tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
pos, absolutely, but buy what you want.
Exactly my opinion on Ducati as well. I can't imagine ever owning one. I was fortunate enough to get some seat time on the V4 Panwhatever and holy shit, what a beast. That motor-I just love a V4.

Yeah, that one would be fun to have access to regularly.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts

was looking at the new super duke 1290 but not sure if ill be happy with all the wind on the freeway. I like that its keyless and can bluetooth nav to the display.

then the 1299 s caught my eye. super sexy bike and yea...

im all ears if you have anything to say.
Go ahead! that thing pull wheelies in 6 gears. :smile2: Don't listen to the old miserable saggy balls members on here that don't know any better than Kawasaki. Take the extended warranty & enjoy the 2 cyl beast!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
No doubt there beautiful No doubt there light No doubt they got good power No doubt they have bling suspension & brakes. There expensive pieces of art, There difficult to make unique, unrealiable, etc, just spend half the money and roll out the showroom on a Z1000 keep your 10 for humiliating Ducati riders on the freeway.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Reactions: ddipaola

·
Registered
333 Posts
Beautiful bikes, i kinda want one just to stare at it. I dont have any experience with Ducati but obviously italian bikes are known to be troublesome. My buddy just picked up a left over 1299 and on the 3rd ride the header cracked and completely sheared off at the weld. Not a huge problem, its covered but been at the dealer for 4 weeks now.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Go ahead! that thing pull wheelies in 6 gears. :smile2: Don't listen to the old miserable saggy balls members on here that don't know any better than Kawasaki. Take the extended warranty & enjoy the 2 cyl beast!

Exactly. You only live once, enjoy that shit.

Reactions: badexample
1 - 20 of 39 Posts